Toronto Wallace Walk Towns | ?m | 4s | The Somerset Group | KFA

Couple of things I've noticed real quick:

1) Confirm that your keys are ready before going (Not every unit available for this weekend has been verified or signed off)
2) Nothing pointed out in the PDI was fixed (I know they didn't had too, but pretty much is pure Tarion now).

I didn't had much time but that's pretty much it, hopefully others had better luck.

I will be moving into a unit in the next few weeks and I was wondering how people have managed with setting up internet. Are there any good promotions like what some of the condos downtown have seen (6 months free with Rogers) aside from the typical 3 month discount? Did you find that one provider was willing to offer a better deal compared to others?

Also, in terms of setting up hydro, gas, and water. Does anyone know what companies are providing those services?

Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to joining the neighbourhood.

I will be moving into a unit in the next few weeks and I was wondering how people have managed with setting up internet. Are there any good promotions like what some of the condos downtown have seen (6 months free with Rogers) aside from the typical 3 month discount? Did you find that one provider was willing to offer a better deal compared to others?

Also, in terms of setting up hydro, gas, and water. Does anyone know what companies are providing those services?

Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to joining the neighbourhood.

1)Internet: I got Rogers student deal, don;t think is available anymore (it was a headache to set up but i think Bell and Rogers figured out how to properly get it running)
2)Hydro/Gas/Water: I believe you need to talk to Stephanie about that one

Also, this forum was more focus on development, i think you are better of joining the facebook group

I've enjoyed reading this thread to get some insight into the new build buying process. We're the standard finish options for the flooring, tiles & counters pretty good? I'm paranoid that builders will deliberately make the default finishes ugly/dated in order to force buyers to upgrade everything.

I've enjoyed reading this thread to get some insight into the new build buying process. We're the standard finish options for the flooring, tiles & counters pretty good? I'm paranoid that builders will deliberately make the default finishes ugly/dated in order to force buyers to upgrade everything.

A little bit of both, the real stinger with this builder was that finishes were split in two meetings (about 6months+ a part if I recall) and choices that you made on your first meeting pretty much dictated certain finishes since the standard stuff just didn't match at all. Also, if I recall the meetings were apart by 6+ months.

My tip, if your meetings are split, ask how the 1st finishes will affect the secondary meeting (they must just say we don't know yet) if so keep it simple (if it is close to what you want) also take pictures of the finishes you pick specially if they split up the meetings. It is pretty hard to picture in your head how the colors work.

In the end though, majority of prebuild finishes are annoying since is not really up to you to select what you want, you just gotta pick was available and what your budget can handle (and off course the nicer things are high marked up).

I personally like colorful things, this builder sadly for me was more classic/neutral colors options that you couldn't really mix and match to much.

Other prebuilds i have bought though, i had really good experience on color choices, so maybe yours is good :)

22961171419_b0793e726f_h.jpg

22701967973_00f559250c_h.jpg

23246498081_bceb14ccd5_h.jpg

22701954303_5548ece24f_h.jpg

23246478341_4efbdffb3a_h.jpg

23329049355_00e0b6ba54_h.jpg

Feb 1
They have the Wallace Rd close at the bridge so they can may the connection to the road
24177294794_cd63814abe_b.jpg

24178502813_28c7816c4e_b.jpg

24711892981_d44cbeb450_b.jpg

24779126656_a2ca1a6744_b.jpg

24711896221_0cce1b5cd8_b.jpg

24509854070_3476a106e8_b.jpg

24711901431_c1ee687baa_b.jpg

From March 6:

IMG_9556.jpg
IMG_9557.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9556.jpg
    IMG_9556.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 993
  • IMG_9557.jpg
    IMG_9557.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 957
When the charcoal brick facades first went up, the project had a certain bleakness to it because of the repetitiveness of the cladding over several rows of housing. The brown trim has improved them significantly.

I'm curious how the project will address the West Toronto Railpath. There were calls early on for architectural facades or even retail along the path. The blank walls and back fences of buildings built before the path was conceived are decidedly unappealing. The path is an important public space, and the way buildings look from the path is a factor in the quality of the space.

I'm looking to purchase a two bedroom unit in this building. If anyone is interested in selling, kindly let me know via pm.

This looks better than expected....though I wonder how/why the decision was made to build out of reinforced concrete structure? Noise/vibration perhaps? Can't see how the developer would have made any money here....besides marking up the appliances...ha.

Back