Toronto W Hotel Toronto | ?m | 9s | Larco | a—A

hyperbole.jpg

Link

Except of course noting our city of brutalist architecture.

It's really pretty nice in there. We have our front page story up now here

…and here are some of my pics that didn't make the front page story:

Public School, at Bloor Street level…
IMG_3833.jpg

…and from its sit-down area, half a level up:
IMG_3839.jpg

Skylight rooftop and and lounge…
IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3928.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg
IMG_3873.jpg

Nice to have some abstract art on the adjacent rooftops now!
IMG_3877.jpg

Two pics inside a guest room of the bar and vanity (there are no bathrooms, but separate frosted glass cabinets for the toilet and shower)…
IMG_3896.jpg
IMG_3900.jpg

Looking into 'The Yard" from an interior hallway. Many of the 6th floor guest rooms have private terraces.
IMG_3901.jpg

Looking down two storeys to the Living Room lobby and lounge from the same hallways…
IMG_3903.jpg

Another Basquiat Bear in the reception area:
IMG_3911.jpg

Another one of the three gym rooms…
IMG_3907.jpg

…and finally the porte cochère:
IMG_3932.jpg
IMG_3933.jpg

...someone was taking a capture back from said mirror that Mr. 42 was capturing. I wonder if that was coincidence. >.>

Toronto Life coverage on the new W Hotel:

I would not describe the hotel as being in Yorkville. I think the generally accepted boundaries of Yorkville are: "Yorkville is a neighbourhood and former village in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is roughly bounded by Bloor Street to the south, Davenport Road to the north, Yonge Street to the east and Avenue Road to the west, and it is part of The Annex neighbourhood." (From Wikipedia.)

I would not describe the hotel as being in Yorkville. I think the generally accepted boundaries of Yorkville are: "Yorkville is a neighbourhood and former village in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is roughly bounded by Bloor Street to the south, Davenport Road to the north, Yonge Street to the east and Avenue Road to the west, and it is part of The Annex neighbourhood." (From Wikipedia.)
According to Google, Yorkville is between Bloor, Davenport, Avenue, and Church to the east. It is part of the Yorkville BIA although that area is even larger. It exists in an area which is not quite Yorkville but also not quite Rosedale (officially it is in Rosedale-Moore Park). Some people might not even consider east of Bay to be Yorkville.

I’ll tolerate it being called Yorkville, it's less off-side than the buildings south of Bloor being described as Yorkville (cough … Charles street). Over time as development has continued east of Bay, I’d say the definition of Yorkville has changed.

Last edited:
According to Google, Yorkville is between Bloor, Davenport, Avenue, and Church to the east. It is part of the Yorkville BIA although that area is even larger. It exists in an area which is not quite Yorkville but also not quite Rosedale (officially it is in Rosedale-Moore Park). Some people might not even consider east of Bay to be Yorkville.

I’ll tolerate it being called Yorkville, its less off-side than the buildings south of Bloor being described as Yorkville (cough … Charles street). Over time as development has continued east of Bay, I’d say the definition of Yorkville has changed.
I'm fine with areas north of Bloor and south of Davenport being described as Yorkville as far east as Church, and even as far south as Charles between Avenue and Yonge. Definitely not Jarvis & Charles / Isabella though!

I stubbornly think of Yorkville as Bloor to Dupont/Davenport, Yonge to Avenue Road.

Bloor-Yorkville I'll accept as a name for an area that annexes close-by blocks.

Back