Toronto W Hotel Toronto | ?m | 9s | Larco | a—A

If demolition and rebuild isn't in the cards, this is next option. They accomplished a lot given the money spent. It's broken up that city block sized wall with a different colour, different texture, and some visual interest. The quality of materials is decent and the use of a lighter colour palette was a good choice.

That said, can we not have something more elaborate and luxurious on the Mink Mile? Compared to the Halladie Building in San Francisco this looks bare bones. Are we ever going to see a return of ornamentation? If we do, surely this is the place to do it.

Last edited:
If demolition and rebuild isn't in the cards, this is next option. They accomplished a lot given the money spent. It's broken up that city block sized wall with a different colour, different texture, and some visual interest. The quality of materials is decent and the use of a lighter colour palette was a good choice.

That said, can we not have something more elaborate and luxurious on the Mink Mile? Compared to the Halladie Building in San Francisco this looks bare bones. Are we ever going to see a return of ornamentation? If we do, surely this is the place to do it.
Couldnt agree more. But Im just thinking of how costly , laborious, and time consuming it'd be to demolish such a thick concrete bunker. Look at how long it took to demolish the Grand Hotel on Jarvis which has a much smaller footprint.

BE2B61EF-306B-43A2-8243-438C93B61701.jpeg
00D819C2-196B-45FA-A90E-43403EA675A1.jpeg

Official photos of the final rooms are now out, so we can see the end result instead of renderings.

Looks very sharp. Still not the building I wanted to see W Toronto in, but this is a great renovation... and much better, in my eyes, than the dreadfully underwhelming Park Hyatt.

khabah

Entry-level Wonderful King Room
wh-yyzwh-wonderful-king-room-03893:Classic-Hor

Entry-level Wonderful Queen
wh-yyzwh-spectacular-2-queens-03086:Classic-Hor

Spectacular King
wh-yyzwh-spectacular-king-room-44760:Classic-Hor

Fabulous King room - living area - bathroom
wh-yyzwh-fabulous-king-room-44714:Classic-Hor

wh-yyzwh-king-room-living-area-83212:Classic-Hor

wh-yyzwh-guest-bathroom--60280:Classic-Hor

Studio Suite living area - bedroom
wh-yyzwh-studio-suite-living-area-52509:Classic-Hor

wh-yyzwh-studio-suite--33024:Classic-Hor

Blue room, you saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own (ba-bom-a-bom-bom)...

Are those the actual names / categories (entry level, fabulous , etc)? Reminds me of Richard Branson's intention of calling the economy class at Virgin Atlantic the riff-raff class.

W Hotels are known for having a fairly prominent ‘W’ on the exterior. Either I can’t see it in that last photo or it hasn’t been put up yet. Anyone know?

Back