Toronto Via Bloor | 138.37m | 46s | Tridel | a—A

Pics taken May 23rd, 2021:

1621873401522.png

1621873443874.png

1621873468589.png

I can't really put my finger on this, but I think it's the window wall on the oval tower that's throwing me off for this project.

We all know Tridel never intended this to have the quality or design aesthetic of 10 York, SQ1, SQ2, or Aquabella. They never saw this as the jewel of their portfolio. This isn't horrible, but it's not great. It's a B-. Overall, it's a MASSIVE improvement for the area.

This project from the start never hid what it was going to become, so there shouldn't be any surprises. If anything, it's looking much better than expected.

We all know Tridel never intended this to have the quality or design aesthetic of 10 York, SQ1, SQ2, or Aquabella. They never saw this as the jewel of their portfolio. This isn't horrible, but it's not great. It's a B-. Overall, it's a MASSIVE improvement for the area.

This project from the start never hid what it was going to become, so there shouldn't be any surprises. If anything, it's looking much better than expected.
I’d prefer being sandwiched in between cabbagetown, Rosedale, the danforth, 12 minute walk to Yorkville, with a nice view, with parks and trails nearby, than beside the gardener at 10 York downtown. To each his own I suppose. I consider this area a good location on a street that will eventually get better as improvements are made.

I don't know about that: they have used high quality window wall on the west tower (no idea why they couldn't have done better on the east tower), and somewhat bizarrely they were advertising the retail pavilion as an extension of the Bloor-Yorkville luxury shopping area… so this wasn't meant to be C grade Tridel…

I’d prefer being sandwiched in between cabbagetown, Rosedale, the danforth, 12 minute walk to Yorkville, with a nice view, with parks and trails nearby, than beside the gardener at 10 York downtown. To each his own I suppose. I consider this area a good location on a street that will eventually get better as improvements are made.
Not me. This part of Bloor is basically a highway and it's a horrible street level experience. I dread anytime I have to walk around there. Give me a block from the waterfront any day of the week.

Back