Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I think I remember seeing renders of the moat which showed somewhat how the bridge looks from below.

As for what it looks like now (or whenever Live Search Maps last updated their obliques):

union%20station%20live%20search%20maps%20bird%27s%20eye.JPG

Oh, wow, that is amazing. Google Earth hasn't upadted their images in like 2 years!! Microsoft is doing a great job at that.

Most part of Toronto are more like 3-4 years old on Google Maps/Earth. Take a look at CityPlace, it hasn't even crossed Spadina yet. Plus there's no Bird's Eye for Toronto.

Lovin' the Live Search Maps.

Summer 2007 I believe for the Bird's Eye images.
Their aerials depends on the area. I know the aerial around the ACC shows Maple Leaf Square still has it's model on site. Google's aerials of the same area... the model isn't even built yet.

Last edited:
While hardly a Calatrava "Oriente Station"masterpiece, the transparent Alsop-ish atrium and green roof (crosses fingers they do it) are huge improvements... hard to tell the true scale of the atrium since renderings exaggerate, but it looks like it has the potential to create some real urban drama for passengers and a sense of arrival worthy of Union's important role in the city's circulatory system.

My only disappointment is... I thought the newly completed eastern GO train parking lot would replace those west of Union (not supplement)... freeing up the possibility of more significant (new) north/south connections over the rail corridor.

Back