Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

New Christmas lights in the moat.

082021F7-3EBC-4910-B474-F21EF37A48B1.jpeg

I guess we finally unlocked the very European achievement of train stations being dodgy places. Maybe we need to have our equivalent of Bahnhofsmission.

AoD
It was pretty bad last year, but the foot traffic has returned this year with a vengeance, which has cleaned it up a lot just by virtue of being that much busier.

It was pretty bad last year, but the foot traffic has returned this year with a vengeance, which has cleaned it up a lot just by virtue of being that much busier.

I am not sure if I share your confidence - because they seem to be more attentive towards putting in ads on the floor than keeping the space spotless and maintained. It's certainly redolent of *something* most of the time.

AoD

I find that lighting a little ugly, like an IKEA display of LEDs, but hey, it's nice that they change things up.
I forgot how recently that the moat was covered up, it's only been a couple years.
Me too, but I find all LED Christmas lights ugly. Hopefully they have something like Tru-Tone LEDs available in Canada in the near future.

I find that lighting a little ugly, like an IKEA display of LEDs, but hey, it's nice that they change things up.
I forgot how recently that the moat was covered up, it's only been a couple years.
It looks a lot nicer in person to be fair, I was just down there yesterday and I enjoyed it quite a lot. They also decorated the food court! I wonder if this is what Metrolinx’s $200,000 thousand dollars for Christmas decorations is going towards
IMG_6160.jpeg
IMG_2347.jpg

Can someone remind me again why the west moat isn’t open?
Clearly it is open at the moment if there is skating there. It was closed during covid as an economy/security measure and I agree it should be reopened as an alternative pathway very soon, I understand that the long-bought art work (celebrating the Walks and Gardens Trust) in it will be set up in early 2024 so I suspect that it will not open until that is done but ....

Back