Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

GO and VIA's station usage patterns are also quite different. GO typically has passengers arrive to the station at a fairly steady pace, then move to the platform once announced.
VIA generally has passengers arrive to the station ~1 hr or so before departure and have to line up at the stairs/escalators to have their tickets checked then move to the platform once the train arrives.

Having lines of VIA passengers snaking through a regional rail concourse is sub optimal

There is also my dream that eventually Union can create a sterile space on the VIA Concourse to allow for US Customs pre clearing. Though I know that will never happen

***EDIT***
The Fresh Market was to be under the VIA concourse not Bay. Which even without the retail should make pedestrian flow through the station much easier. Particularly for those coming from/going to Union Subway station.

Last edited:
So based on the retail plan above, here's what we seem to know so far for the Bay Concourse:
416 is Arabica
414 is TD
410 is Decathlon
415, 413, and 411 were merged together for Sephora
409 and 407 seem like they're being merged for the dental office
401 is the LCBO
400 is The Queenston Pub
So that leaves us with 417, 408, 406, 405, and 404 all still unknown. I'm assuming 405 isn't also part of the dental office as the branding for it only seems to go in front of 409-407.
There is also an unnamed sports bar going in as well. As well a cocktail bar, and that doughnut shop everyone raves about (but the last two are probably going in the East Wing)

GO and VIA's station usage patterns are also quite different. GO typically has passengers arrive to the station at a fairly steady pace, then move to the platform once announced.
VIA generally has passengers arrive to the station ~1 hr or so before departure and have to line up at the stairs/escalators to have their tickets checked then move to the platform once the train arrives.

Having lines of VIA passengers snaking through a regional rail concourse is sub optimal

There is also my dream that eventually Union can create a sterile space on the VIA Concourse to allow for US Customs pre clearing. Though I know that will never happen

***EDIT***
The Fresh Market was to be under the VIA concourse not Bay. Which even without the retail should make pedestrian flow through the station much easier. Particularly for those coming from/going to Union Subway station.

Hmmmmm well perhaps VIA should abandon their airplane style boarding and allow for platform boarding

***EDIT***
Btw this is only the case at larger stations like Union, Montreal, London VIA etc.

At smaller stations like Sarnia and Kitchener VIA you can just wait on the platform as you wish, ticket or not.

There is also an unnamed sports bar going in as well. As well a cocktail bar, and that doughnut shop everyone raves about (but the last two are probably going in the East Wing)
Will we get a donut shop that is also a bar? Nothing will top the old Commuters' Lounge!

So based on the retail plan above, here's what we seem to know so far for the Bay Concourse:
416 is Arabica
414 is TD
410 is Decathlon
401 is the LCBO
400 is The Queenston Pub
So that leaves us with 417, 408, 406, 405, and 404 all still unknown. I'm assuming 405 isn't also part of the dental office as the branding for it only seems to go in front of 409-407.
Can someone explain why in the planet we're getting a dental office inside Union Station? I mean really now are they serious?

416 is Arabica
414 is TD
410 is Decathlon
401 is the LCBO
400 is The Queenston Pub

Why do I feel like I'm supposed to drop another name or two...............

"My Olive" is coming to Union Station............ (it's an Olive oil and Balsamic tasting bar) - Unit 446

Also coming Fika Herbal Goods ....... yup, it's a Pot Shop. - Unit 405

This is what we really need there...

Stoner's_pot_palace.png

Oh can we not with the olive oil, why can’t there be some useful travelling shops at Union.
As someone who doesn’t like makeup, coffee, sports, alcohol, and has a dental office at home; these shops are pretty useless to me.

Oh can we not with the olive oil, why can’t there be some useful travelling shops at Union.
As someone who doesn’t like makeup, coffee, sports, alcohol, and has a dental office at home; these shops are pretty useless to me.

LOL; you don't like almost everything, so the problem is with the retail curation?

I don't wear makeup and won't be perusing Sephora myself; and I already have a dentist; that said, I think the curation has been decent. It offers a range of retail for locals, for travelers on-the-go; and tourists.

There's obviously more food retail coming; but that aside, there are a few more choices yet.

There's also a lot of high profile retail coming in literally across the street as well.(CIBC Square phase 1/2)

Even still.. who would go to Union to get their teeth done?

May as well put a GP in there alongside a Yoga Studio.
There are dental offices springing up all over the place and it appears this is effective for the dentists (who are, in essence, businesses). I can think of at least 5 within about 200 yards of my front door and one more is, apparently, coming to 158 Front. I suspect the number of dental offices per square yard is lower around Union Station so it may well be an effective location.

Back