Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Seeing it in person, it's a lot roomier than it looked in renderings and even in photos. There's more than enough room to walk on those balconies.
Agreed and I really doubt the traffic on them will be too great anyway as there will be the option of walking east-west (or vv) through the York and Bay concourses once they all open up.

Anyone know what is going on here? The northern end of the arrivals corridor is fenced off and the section where the old convenience store/sandwich shop was at the top of the ramp is tarped off.

View attachment 200919

Hopefully redoing the whole thing. I can't believe that what we're looking at is the renovated and finished product. Those harsh lights were a terrible decision. The craftsmanship on the ceiling and the wall tiling is embarrassing.

Metrolinx Blog Post for the pedestrian bridge connecting to CIBC Square.

I'm amused that they made a blog post touting the pedestrian bridge on the date that it is supposed to be installed, and yet they have fought with the contractors doing the installation to the point where the bridge lift has been delayed by more than 12 hours. Right hand, meet left hand....

Dan

I wouldn't be surprised if these end up taking 10 years before they are fixed. This is Toronto after all. They are also found at the Scotia Bank arena Bay street side and also at the Rogers Centre.They are ugly, hideous, and there needs to be a better solution.
They also interfere with the pedestrian traffic they're supposed to protect. In response to a one off tragedy they're simultaneously overkill and ineffective, as if someone wanting to copycat the attack wouldn't just pick another location. In any case, the permanent solution seems obvious: protective bollards like the ones at the CN Tower plaza. No barriers were placed at that location where the bollards are already installed. Some of them even seem to be retractable to allow for deliveries.

A shot into the bay concourse great hall entrance

1. Seems like they are getting ready for the restoration of the rail bridge north facade. Won't it be blocked by the future pedestrian bridge of CIBC square 2?

2. New sign posts along Front st

1. I do not think there will ever be an external bridge across Yonge EDIT BAY on north side of the rail berm. Access will continue to be via Platform 3.

2. Yes, the new signs are nice but one must wonder why they bother as there is zero enforcement of parking regulations in front of Union (why the TTC refuse to put a stop there for the 121 bus) and it might have been more productive to spend the time and $$ replacing the god-awful jersey barriers.

Last edited:
1. I do not think there will ever be an external bridge across Yonge on north side of the rail berm. Access will continue to be via Platform 3.

2. Yes, the new signs are nice but one must wonder why they bother as there is zero enforcement of parking regulations in front of Union (why the TTC refuse to put a stop there for the 121 bus) and it might have been more productive to spend the time and $$ replacing the god-awful jersey barriers.
1. There will be pedestrian bridges on both the Bay side and Yonge side. The pic above is of Bay st. Here's a screenshot from the arch plans of 141 Bay St. showing the future Bay st bridge (North) to Union:

Hopefully redoing the whole thing. I can't believe that what we're looking at is the renovated and finished product. Those harsh lights were a terrible decision. The craftsmanship on the ceiling and the wall tiling is embarrassing.
It feels like a low-budget movie set replica of the concourse under Rockefeller Centre:

Back