Toronto

Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Spotted a few of these on Front st today. Hopefully for new bollards, but likely for signage
I fear they are NOT for proper bollards or other suitable replacements for the Jersey Barriers. They have now added a second one of these 'excavations' and they really look like sign bases. One day the damn barriers will go, I hope!

reteequa

Member Bio
Reaction score
I fear they are NOT for proper bollards or other suitable replacements for the Jersey Barriers. They have now added a second one of these 'excavations' and they really look like sign bases. One day the damn barriers will go, I hope!
Those barriers are so dumb, permeant bollards are not even necessary. I have been in Oslo for the past few days and this is what they line their main pedestrian areas with. It is so simple why can we not learn from it.

IMG_0027.jpeg

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's what the east moat looked like yesterday evening, with all of the frame done, and only a little more glass to put in:

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

Meanwhile, Sansotei Ramen is to be the last counter in the Food Court, opening between Scaccia and Bangkok Buri, and in the southeast corner of the Front Sreet Promenade, these are the next four shops to come:

IMG_5957.jpg

Cocktail Emporium sells items for home bartending, Dresden Vision sells glasses, Righttime Inc. sells watches and jewelry, and Saudade is a Portuguese design and lifestyle shop.

AnotherCanuck

Member Bio
Reaction score
[...]

Meanwhile, Sansotei Ramen is to be the last counter in the Food Court, opening between Scaccia and Bangkok Buri, and in the southeast corner of the Front Sreet Promenade, these are the next four shops to come:

Cocktail Emporium sells items for home bartending, Dresden Vision sells glasses, Righttime Inc. sells watches and jewelry, and Saudade is a Portuguese design and lifestyle shop.

Sansotei Ramen and Cocktail Emporium... this does not bode well for my wallet. I might need to change my commute or get a second job.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sansotei Ramen and Cocktail Emporium... this does not bode well for my wallet. I might need to change my commute or get a second job.
If this article is any indication, your wallet is safe for another few months; lots of time to look for that second job!

Projected opening for Cocktail Emporium is early 2020.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone know what is going on here? The northern end of the arrivals corridor is fenced off and the section where the old convenience store/sandwich shop was at the top of the ramp is tarped off.
They have recently been trying to complete all the work on the VIA concourse and both of the arrivals corridors. I assume they decided it made more sense to simply use only one and do work on the other without pesky commuters underfoot. I will be interested in seeing what they put in the 'display cases" shown in your photo. They could be used for quite interesting displays .....

I suspect that once the VIA concourse and the passageways are finished they may move back into the Great Hall to finish repairing the floor before the new chandeliers arrive - they got $$$ for these at Council in July 2019 (See Post 7185 above), Though I have yet to see the actual tender call and the Council motion talks about the chandeliers coming before other finishing work (which probably makes more sense.)

Last edited:

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score
^I didn't get a photo, but those old style gate number towers have been showing up next to staircases in the old "arrivals" corridors. They were never there back in the day, but one would assume there is an intent to begin using those locations as gates. Track three gates are showing up in a new location, at the very end of the arrivals corridors, next to the ramp down to the lower level.

- Paul