Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Sansotei Ramen and Cocktail Emporium... this does not bode well for my wallet. I might need to change my commute or get a second job.

If this article is any indication, your wallet is safe for another few months; lots of time to look for that second job!

Projected opening for Cocktail Emporium is early 2020.

Anyone know what is going on here? The northern end of the arrivals corridor is fenced off and the section where the old convenience store/sandwich shop was at the top of the ramp is tarped off.

20190827_142451.jpg

Anyone know what is going on here? The northern end of the arrivals corridor is fenced off and the section where the old convenience store/sandwich shop was at the top of the ramp is tarped off.
They have recently been trying to complete all the work on the VIA concourse and both of the arrivals corridors. I assume they decided it made more sense to simply use only one and do work on the other without pesky commuters underfoot. I will be interested in seeing what they put in the 'display cases" shown in your photo. They could be used for quite interesting displays .....

I suspect that once the VIA concourse and the passageways are finished they may move back into the Great Hall to finish repairing the floor before the new chandeliers arrive - they got $$$ for these at Council in July 2019 (See Post 7185 above), Though I have yet to see the actual tender call and the Council motion talks about the chandeliers coming before other finishing work (which probably makes more sense.)

Last edited:
^I didn't get a photo, but those old style gate number towers have been showing up next to staircases in the old "arrivals" corridors. They were never there back in the day, but one would assume there is an intent to begin using those locations as gates. Track three gates are showing up in a new location, at the very end of the arrivals corridors, next to the ramp down to the lower level.

- Paul

I doubt they would use those as gates. Union has always been about separating arriving and departing passengers to avoid issues. Anyone who has seen a train depart Union knows the lines that exist.

It may be that they are being put there to identify platforms for people waiting on arrivals.

I wouldn't be surprised if these end up taking 10 years before they are fixed. This is Toronto after all. They are also found at the Scotia Bank arena Bay street side and also at the Rogers Centre.They are ugly, hideous, and there needs to be a better solution.

Back