Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

VIA sign appears to be in their designated typeface, the rest is more heritage. I personally don't mind it as I view the VIA portion as branding to the very beautiful wayfinding. Definitely not like Mies' portion of the PATH though, that's for sure.
The "ENTRANCE TO TRAINS" part is original (though more legible than before.) I agree that the total result is quite spectacular.

The "ENTRANCE TO TRAINS" part is original (though more legible than before.) I agree that the total result is quite spectacular.

I am generally speaking not a serif type of guy but in this stance it worked much better than the VIA letterings.

AoD

Last edited:
Reactions: DSC
A sneak peek through the hoarding for Union Chicken.
4BDC0FE0-47E9-49C7-B6A9-0A7B6EFDAC9A.jpeg

Amano.
F333E182-6309-4C1A-9168-73FF473B34D4.jpeg

Attachments

• F333E182-6309-4C1A-9168-73FF473B34D4.jpeg
    F333E182-6309-4C1A-9168-73FF473B34D4.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 511
  • 4BDC0FE0-47E9-49C7-B6A9-0A7B6EFDAC9A.jpeg
    4BDC0FE0-47E9-49C7-B6A9-0A7B6EFDAC9A.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 503
Looks good and likely tastes delicious but I would have given anything for a Swiss Chalet.

Yeah, I would have liked to see more crowd-pleasers than boutique, niche locations. Where's the subway/Mr Sub/Quiznos? A dessert/pastry place like Mrs Fields, mmmuffins, Dairy Queen, or Cinnabon? And why Pizza Pizza instead of something edible but still commonplace and affordable, like Pizza Nova, sbarro, or Mrs Vanelli's?

Does anyone know what happened to The Burger's Priest? It was one of the most oft-quoted locations coming to Union, but in at least a year all of the press releases/inside info don't make any mention of it whatsoever. Not having a burger place would be unfortunate...even Harvey's was something, at least (I don't classify McDonalds as having burgers). IMO Five Guys would be a fantastic option, I find their burgers cleaner than Burger's Priest and they're substantially cheaper and I find them fairly comparable in quality, but their fries are way better and they're typically much faster, plus it'd be an attraction to travellers familiar with the name from elsewhere...lots of Five Guys locations in busy places.

Yeah, I would have liked to see more crowd-pleasers than boutique, niche locations. Where's the subway/Mr Sub/Quiznos? A dessert/pastry place like Mrs Fields, mmmuffins, Dairy Queen, or Cinnabon? And why Pizza Pizza instead of something edible but still commonplace and affordable, like Pizza Nova, sbarro, or Mrs Vanelli's?

Does anyone know what happened to The Burger's Priest? It was one of the most oft-quoted locations coming to Union, but in at least a year all of the press releases/inside info don't make any mention of it whatsoever. Not having a burger place would be unfortunate...even Harvey's was something, at least (I don't classify McDonalds as having burgers).

The Dairy Queen was never that busy and Quiznos is going belly up, they are cutting locations and not replacing the ones that burn to the ground. Anyone know when the Mcdonalds will go back in?

Does anyone know what happened to The Burger's Priest? It was one of the most oft-quoted locations coming to Union, but in at least a year all of the press releases/inside info don't make any mention of it whatsoever. Not having a burger place would be unfortunate...even Harvey's was something, at least (I don't classify McDonalds as having burgers). IMO Five Guys would be a fantastic option, I find their burgers cleaner than Burger's Priest and they're substantially cheaper and I find them fairly comparable in quality, but their fries are way better and they're typically much faster, plus it'd be an attraction to travellers familiar with the name from elsewhere...lots of Five Guys locations in busy places.

Due to contractual agreements and the multiple ongoing delays when they first signed on, BP decided to relinquish the Southeast corner of the York promenade retail space, which will remain unoccupied until another tenant decides to lease it.

Due to contractual agreements and the multiple ongoing delays when they first signed on, BP decided to relinquish the Southeast corner of the York promenade retail space, which will remain unoccupied until another tenant decides to lease it.

Not surprised. I am actually surprised more retailera haven't bailed given all the delays. I would laugh if they put a Harveys in there.

Maybe BP bailing is a sign that they believe the government is really going to deliver on the 15 minute frequencies......after all, they have never produced a burger in less than 15 minutes.....so perhaps they doubted their own viability at Union ;) :) ;) :)

Maybe BP bailing is a sign that they believe the government is really going to deliver on the 15 minute frequencies......after all, they have never produced a burger in less than 15 minutes.....so perhaps they doubted their own viability at Union ;) :) ;) :)

That rules out Big Smoke.

15-minute frequencies would make me rush less for the next train.

For me, it is "I'm in the mood for a burger, forget the 7:15, I'll take the 7:30 or 7:45 instead" thing.

Too bad about Burger Priest, I was really looking forward to them!

Back