Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Wasn't the Bay concourse supposed to reopen next month-ish? They announced it as a 2 year shut down. Obviously they didn't mean 2 years exactly but it's alos pretty obvious it's nowhere close to being done. Have they announced any delays that I missed?

The government probably needs this for an election boost. Will they finish Union by the next election?

Gobs of time between now an October 2018. I don't really see Tory suffering even if Union isn't open yet; how many Toronto voters actually use Union on a regular basis?

Even if they use it on a regular basis, would they even know what the original opening date was?

Wasn't the Bay concourse supposed to reopen next month-ish? They announced it as a 2 year shut down. Obviously they didn't mean 2 years exactly but it's alos pretty obvious it's nowhere close to being done. Have they announced any delays that I missed?

Considering the train shed was originally supposed to be done (not start, like the Bay Concourse) by 2015 - take a number :)

AoD

Gobs of time between now an October 2018. I don't really see Tory suffering even if Union isn't open yet; how many Toronto voters actually use Union on a regular basis?

I was referring to the provincial election, next Spring.

I was referring to the provincial election, next Spring.

Okay, but the bulk of Union is a municipal project. If anyone said anything about it during debates, the redirect is trivial.

The provincial government would probably like to see SSE started by next spring too.

Last edited:
This is not directly related to Union directly. But does anyone know if they will remove those ridiculous wooden traffic and hydro poles at Front and University. It seems they have been there for so long. I was thinking they were temporary. You would think with so many tourists in that area, they would try and tidy it up, but this being Toronto I won't be surprised if they are permanent.

This is not directly related to Union directly. But does anyone know if they will remove those ridiculous wooden traffic and hydro poles at Front and University. It seems they have been there for so long. I was thinking they were temporary. You would think with so many tourists in that area, they would try and tidy it up, but this being Toronto I won't be surprised if they are permanent.
I wrote to the City about them last year (and the ones that were then at the Bay Street corner too). The Bay ones got done but still the York/University ones remain. I suggest you call 311 - they seem to respond to complaints!

All sorts of birds are already roosting on the unfinished canopy. I’m really curious to see how they intend on solving that problem. If they don’t address it, that glass canopy is going to be permanently covered in bird crap.
IMG_3650.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3650.JPG
    IMG_3650.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 862
All sorts of birds are already roosting on the unfinished canopy. I’m really curious to see how they intend on solving that problem. If they don’t address it, that glass canopy is going to be permanently covered in bird crap. View attachment 116576

Which would look like shit.

**ba da bamp**

I suggest they electrify it.

on that note, is the glass rated for human weights? Will workers be able to step on them to clean the glass?

Which would look like shit.

**ba da bamp**

I suggest they electrify it.

All joking aside knowing the city they eliminated any sort of bird defence measures and will only clean the glass every few months both to cut costs. I hope the planners at the city thought about such things.

If I recall correctly, the moat area used to be covered in bird shit along with feathers and nesting birds.

Perhaps they could hire a falcon like they did at Pearson?

All joking aside knowing the city they eliminated any sort of bird defence measures and will only clean the glass every few months both to cut costs. I hope the planners at the city thought about such things.

If I recall correctly, the moat area used to be covered in bird shit along with feathers and nesting birds.

Perhaps they could hire a falcon like they did at Pearson?
There are actually bird wires etc on the walls and window-sills of the facade so one does not see birds roosting there any more. Of course, one will get bird-shit and litter on the glass roof but that happens to other glass roofs and it seems to get washed off by rain etc. We shall see!

Back