Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

The station's unfortunately hidden behind the parking structure from this angle, so hard to tell what kind of headway they're making on it. Anyone been at the airport lately?
I just came home from England about 2 hours ago and you can definitely see some sort of structure rising at the station construction area, especially from the T3 departures/arrival area/corridor.

Would've taken a photo, except you know, it's supposed to be a secure area.

I thought it was no pictures only once you went through customs?

I shot photos in the lounge area as well on the plane sitting on the ground, let alone in the air.

No problems at Pearson, Glasgow or Frankfurt last year.

In Zurich, Berlin, Hamburg and Frankfurt, you can go out on the platform and take photos of planes landing and taking off. Some places are free while some airports charge a fee. Never made it to other airports in other cities than Geneva. No problems in Cuba as well on another trip.

I wasn't the only one shooting photos at Pearson that day or when I return home.

Taking photos in the US is an issues since they are still in 9-11 thinking these days. Since the court has rule in favour of people taking photos of transit, maybe the airline will follow down the road.

If Metrolinx plans on using the new fly-under at Strachan this fall, they better their act together.

The floor slab is not pour in many places as well there still have to remove the earth that was once Strachan road base. Walls still have to be pour.

The new Strachan road will be about 1-5' higher than it is now depending on what type of beams will be place over the underpass wall support. Looks like a steel walkway bridge to the south, but not sure if it is and it about 5' above the underpass. What every being use as support for the new Strachan Road, the wall support is waiting for it.

The corridor is not ready for the base let alone tracks. They have moved a 300' section of track from one of the unused tracks at Dufferin street and place it near the track #2 location.

The new UP platform for Weston Station is sitting on caisson with the support beam on top of them about 3' above the rails at this time. They have relocated the ramp to the platform further south so they can start building the new station itself as well the new entrance to Lawrence Ave. Looking at some of the completion dates posted that I fail to shoot, they will be pushed back a few months.

Dennison Rd underpass schedule to open this fall is push back to Spring 2014.

The piers at Blackcreek are almost finish and the existing bridge will be reinstall in the coming weeks/month.

KW riders will most likely be using one of the new bridges over the Humber around September/Oct since the first bridge is in place at Weston Rd along with the new rail base in place at a different slop than today.

King Rd bridge will not be in place come Sept as plan and more like Spring 2014. This means neither John St nor Church St can be close to build the underpass at either road crossing until King St is reopen since one road must be open at all time. Since John is to be close 100%, it may happen before King is ready. The ramp area from Weston Rd to Church is really behind schedule as well.

The roof section for the new bridge at Old Weston Rd and the Diamond are near ready to be move into position and boy are they huge. What being done and what was stated during the EA as well the last year doesn't come close to what there. The roof slab is about 3' deep x 5' wide with keylock spanning the width of the tunnel as one of many sections. Not sure if they will be post tension before the move or after it. From the looks of things from what I could see, the diamond roof is wide enough for 4 tracks since they will be needed if and when the Crosstown Line is built. Old Weston Rd is wide enough for 2 tracks and out of place since there always been one track there unless there is a plan to send a Milton train to the airport at some unknown date. I suspect that one or both moves will take place Labour Day Weekend since they will be limit traffic on the line that weekend. Should have the info in the next day or so.

The station's unfortunately hidden behind the parking structure from this angle, so hard to tell what kind of headway they're making on it. Anyone been at the airport lately?

Metrolinx has been pretty good at posting updates on their various projects via Flickr. Some of the latest show the station construction.

Labour Day Weekend will see the bridge for the Diamond moved into position and it will support 4 CP Tracks. Each section of that bridge weight about 60 Tons each.

You can shoot the move from the Old Weston Rd laneway to the water pump house.

Will have a more detail date for the Old Weston Rd bridge move, but around Thanksgiving time and may happen during the week. That bridge is built for double track as I suspected at the request of CP. Those sections weight about 40 tons each.

Spring is the schedule time to shift the current track to the new tunnel.

Have to look at my schedule as well weather to go back for a full tour of the site next week as offer to me.

9452100118_5757329a9a_b.jpg

9448989499_df203cecee_b.jpg

9451718386_3be866975d_b.jpg

9449096691_e19f885e1f_b.jpg

9451720466_a3e58e167c_b.jpg

9451722602_97335e668e_b.jpg

9451768306_42d688810a_b.jpg

9448998735_825380bd2c_b.jpg

9449028415_250e3a95cd_b.jpg

they set up some scaffolding outside of the skywalk today, presumably for the Union-Pearson Express. It will be interesting to see how that site operates and to see how much of the skywalk is ripped out. I noticed that they had already pulled off a couple of glass panels and replaced them with plywood at the top of the scaffolding.

welcome to weston. Nothing can satisfy them, short of straight up closure of the rail corridor it seems. Metrolinx has already done everything within reason to placate these NIMBYS, and all they do is continue to complain.

welcome to weston. Nothing can satisfy them, short of straight up closure of the rail corridor it seems. Metrolinx has already done everything within reason to placate these NIMBYS, and all they do is continue to complain.

Well if there not already doing something like spraying off the truck tires as they leave the construction site then it would not be unreasonable of the Westonites to ask for it.

Just petty bitching from the Weston area residents.

I think one of the primary concerns they have is that all the disruption and noise they are having to go thru would be a lot easier to take if this was a transport line that they could actually use. People will bite their tongue and put up with delays in construction for public transit projects because they can at least see the long term benefits. The problem is that this is not a public transit project but a Bay Street express.

Toronto is probably the only city on the planet that is building a diesel train to it's airport as a fast link BEFORE they actually provide mass/rapid transit for the masses of regular travellers and thousands of workers who have to get their everyday. If the people were allowed to use their TTC pass to ride the train to the airport or downtown {ie built as a subway/LRT} then I don't think you would be getting this kind of petty bitching.

If only there were a rail corridor near by, lightly used most of the day, that could be used to haul away this bulk material.

Back