Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

Two more renderings of Terminal 1 station from the UP and GO electrification open houses: (sorry if these have been posted already)

ARdf1gc.png

0ouD4Cp.png

Nice find....
curious on why they didnt design he building to mimic that of the existing cable train station. from the second picure looks like its not even attached to the other building.
whats the point of closing the train when they arent even putting a decent effort in integrating the 2 platforms into 1 streamlined building......?

The architecture isn't bad, but it isn't that great either. I like the Y columns on the interior. A ceiling clad in wooden panels would be a nice touch of warmth to the grey structure.

June 30rd.

From the looks of things, the new bridges are in place west of Weston Rd. I didn't get a look at Hwy 27 bridge.

Carlingview is close as they have started to build the new underpass.

The Elevated line to the Terminal is almost completed where it connect to the ground south of the corridor. The based is pour where I was for the tracks, but the track support not in place at this time. Pier supports for the electrification of the line are in place between the tracks.

At Kipling, they are starting to built the retaining wall where the spur is to be relocated to.

The corridor from the Humber Bridge is is almost ready for tracks with retaining wall being installed on the south side. Until the Weston Rd new north side (phase 1) bridge is in place, can't relocate the existing track #1 on the Humber Bridge so it can be rebuilt as the new #4 track and allowing the new #3 track bridge to be install.
9197064302_82a708d64c_b.jpg

9194274857_613f8f83a3_b.jpg

9197062794_7404476a79_b.jpg

9197079124_66e254526c_b.jpg

9197083002_a377fb0cdf_b.jpg

9197091048_d28c8ea225_b.jpg

9194302663_14b750963c_b.jpg

9194315409_e04d6cce5d_b.jpg

9194318931_f22b560f0c_b.jpg

9194317155_a566c13f0b_b.jpg

9194330033_dcafac563d_b.jpg

9194333637_e8f9dd655c_b.jpg

9197128060_e3d3669c73_b.jpg

July 21 Bloor photos are up on line and Burlington will be up this weekend or sooner.

Once that tunnel is place into service, residents will be able to get to/from Dundas West Station as well Freshico a lot faster than today. The accessibility community will love it as well people who hate to climb the overpass.

Looking at the photos again, it looks like the Milton line will be using the #2 track for KW due to the shifting of the tracks to the Strachan underpass later this year. The current #2 Milton line will swing over to the new track north of the station shown above. Train may have to slow down at this point from the current speed. Not enough room to shift it back south of Bloor to get to the signal block other been very sharp and slowing train down.
9345638193_d0bc3f6e1c_b.jpg

9345641573_573da47efb_b.jpg

9348440416_73c16be93a_b.jpg

9348446910_cbc86c7364_b.jpg

9345668881_641897fb08_b.jpg

No, the Milton Line will not be switching over to the Weston Sub/Georgetown Line. They are running the Galt Sub track to be parallel with the Weston Sub to allow them to build the rest of the tunnel quickly.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

No, the Milton Line will not be switching over to the Weston Sub/Georgetown Line. They are running the Galt Sub track to be parallel with the Weston Sub to allow them to build the rest of the tunnel quickly.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I find that strange since they put in 3/4 of the tunnel on the weekend, leaving the Milton corridor to be done on another weekend. What so special about the tunnel on that side since my source at Metrolinx is gone now for this line for this move?

I still get the feeling regardless what has been said to date, the Milton Line will be stopping at Bloor to allow connection to the UP Line. It should had happen from day one since you are forcing riders to go all the way to Union to travel the same distance again to get to/from the airport and wasting people time.

At some point, the Milton line has to swing over as I stated to use the new fly under regardless if it here or further down the line.

I still get the feeling regardless what has been said to date, the Milton Line will be stopping at Bloor to allow connection to the UP Line. It should had happen from day one since you are forcing riders to go all the way to Union to travel the same distance again to get to/from the airport and wasting people time.

Do they expect many people to travel eastward on that line to switch to UPE? I would be surprised if there were many/any that would do that...even if they could make the swtich at Bloor.

I find that strange since they put in 3/4 of the tunnel on the weekend, leaving the Milton corridor to be done on another weekend. What so special about the tunnel on that side since my source at Metrolinx is gone now for this line for this move?

Dunno, but the signal system on the CPR Galt Sub is different than that on the ex-CN lines, and not directly compatible, as I understand it. You can't just change the lines willy-nilly and create new interchange locations overnight - it involves serious programming, and takes weeks. Moving the Galt Sub over without an actual interchange can be easily done as it is within the limits of a single signal block.

That is the plan, in the long term. How long, however, is unknown.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Do they expect many people to travel eastward on that line to switch to UPE? I would be surprised if there were many/any that would do that...even if they could make the swtich at Bloor.
Agreed. Given the trains already stop at Kipling, and there is a non-stop express bus from Kipling to Pearson, wouldn't it be faster (and cheaper!) to change at Kipling than at Dundas West?

Agreed. Given the trains already stop at Kipling, and there is a non-stop express bus from Kipling to Pearson, wouldn't it be faster (and cheaper!) to change at Kipling than at Dundas West?

Sure, but I was actually wondering how many people would be travelling on a train from west of the airport to a stop east of the airport to go back westward to get back to the airport.

I would love to see GO try having bus extesions from Dixie and Malton to the Airport. Have a bus waiting for each eastbound train (maybe even westbound) that would take people directly from those stations into the airport terminals.

via TomWilliams6891 on twitter, our first view of what it looks like at the guideway's highest point:
BQ2aCGvCUAApQGM-large.jpg

Interesting how the people-mover tracks (wrapped in black cloth) mesh with the new guideway structure so that it looks almost as if the train came first and the people-mover was added later rather than vice versa.

The station's unfortunately hidden behind the parking structure from this angle, so hard to tell what kind of headway they're making on it. Anyone been at the airport lately?

Attachments

• BQ2aCGvCUAApQGM-large.jpg
    BQ2aCGvCUAApQGM-large.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,506
I would love to see GO try having bus extesions from Dixie and Malton to the Airport. Have a bus waiting for each eastbound train (maybe even westbound) that would take people directly from those stations into the airport terminals.

But that would make too much sense. :p

Back