Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

BTW what is the purpose of the structure on each side of the Strachan Ave. overpass? Enquiring minds [i.e. my DD(7)] wanted to know, but I had no idea...
AmJ

Last edited:
Metrolinx just tweeted some new photos of the elevated guideway on their flickr page.

This one really illustrates the hump and descent:
8747032935_b8599bca8a_c.jpg

Based on my dorkily deduced numbering from a months ago, the last pier holding up the bridge deck is 59, and then as you go further right you have 60, 61 (with forms on the top "T" crosspiece), Airport Road and the 409-to-T1 ramp, 62, 63 (the highest one), the 427-to-T1 ramp, 64, 65 and 66 (also with forms on the top "T" crosspiece). A month ago 61 and 66 were the only piers left to be built, so that means all 70 are now in.

Attachments

• 8747032935_b8599bca8a_c.jpg
    8747032935_b8599bca8a_c.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 769
I find it really hilarious that they decided to use a Chinese high speed train (CRH2) in their renders. They could've been a bit more creative and use a Bombardier Zefiro 380...at least that is somewhat Canadian and matches the image of "high speed" service :p

^ Looks like an E2 Shinkansen to me. They could have put something more Canadian like an RDC coach, a VIA FP40, or no passenger train at all which is the most likely sight at more train stations across Canada.

Not the first time an architectural firm has dropped in cool high-speed trains into their renderings. I got a particular kick out of these hyperfuturistic GO bullet trains in Pickering:
pickeringbridge1.jpg

Back