Markham Union Margo | ?m | 20s | Aspen Ridge | Core Architects

Soon it looks.

IMG_9234.JPG
IMG_9239.JPG
IMG_9238.JPG
IMG_9237.JPG
IMG_9236.JPG
IMG_9235.JPG

@StealthyArrow: you ever up this way and able to update us on this (and other Mount Joy area) project(s)?

I do not usually go to Mount Joy or north Markham in general so it is very unlikely I would be able to update UrbanToronto on this and the other projects in the area. Of course I will post updates if I am in the area eventually, I just don't have much of a reason to go up there right now. I expect that this is under construction by now, and with Joy Station Condos in sales right now I might have to head up there soon.

Funnily enough, I did pass by this site last month on a walk...but took no photos of the site. :(

I was impressed by the density...it was night time when I got there, so I can't recall if I noticed a crane. Certainly mustve been in excavation. Sorry!

It is truly sad that this project is not proceeding as it looks really good IMO ... but we can thank the City for the long delayed process placing a freeze on all projects while they do the MOUNT JOY SECONDARY PLAN update :(, which has been underway since Fall 2019:

https://www.markham.ca/wps/portal/h...s/markham-road-mount-joy-secondary-plan-study

View attachment 453454
Lol thats just an excuse Aspen Ridge is using... They could have honoured the pricing and just told everyone the project is delayed until the Secondary Plan is released. Why couldn't they just do that? If the building gets taller or changes no problem still give the same prices / unit

Lol thats just an excuse Aspen Ridge is using... They could have honoured the pricing and just told everyone the project is delayed until the Secondary Plan is released. Why couldn't they just do that? If the building gets taller or changes no problem still give the same prices / unit
To be fair ... a project that is delayed for almost 4 years is certainly not buildable from a developers perspective

(ie: sold @ 2019 prices, but material/labour cost has jumped as we all know and will continue to ... until the project could 'potentially' start construction in 2024 ... thats my guess)

Back