Toronto Union Centre | 298m | 54s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

y does it look like 150 m in the renders?
Perspective. The towers in the foreground are about 250 metres closer to the viewer than Union Centre, so the rendering seems accurate to me

Perspective. The towers in the foreground are about 250 metres closer to the viewer than Union Centre, so the rendering seems accurate to me
The Union Center is over a hundred meters higher than the Delta hotel . And it's just on the other side of the narrow rail yard . That's over 300 feet or 30 storeys more if the floor plates are at 10 feet . shouldn't this building be a little more higher in the picture even with the perspective mode ?

What is the sense of the likelihood of finding sufficient tenants to get this off the ground in the near-term (given competing buildings going up)?

Very good if we go a couple years without a round of layoffs/recession.

The location is very strong due to distance to Union Station, but a direct/short connection to TorIX (Toronto Internet Exchange) also makes it unusually appealing to data heavy tech applications. Everything else being equal, this location should have slightly lower vacancy rates than typical.

And I meant that office towers in downtown Toronto already have negligible vacancy rates, they can't really get lower.

I thought the greenery on top of the building actually looked pretty decent when I watched it on Koop's fly by. If the Union Park development from Oxford Properties ever decides to enhance the top of their buildings with greenery. It could really enhance the CN Tower corridor area complimenting the tower. Making a great tourism photo for the city!

The wide floorplate reminds me a lot of 22 Bishopsgate in London. It's a honking big building - but the quality of the build really elevates it. While this isn't terribly "exciting" the fact that they are at least adding some interest to it with green walls, a staggered roofline and the lighting takes this well well well above your typical "Toronto office tower". To call it typical seems a little ignorant to some of the finer details here!

Back