Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Lots of activity on site today. Hoarding going up along Bay Street and around the perimeter of the site. Heavy machinery to begin digging is also sitting in the parking lot.

Groundbreaking ceremonies are really just... ceremonial. Most happen before actual digging starts, but Aura's happened long after.

The ceremonies are about finding time in everyone's schedule that you want to invite, whereas actual construction timing depends on receiving permits and lining up equipment and workers. I am sure that developers would like to be able to bring both sides together, but it is very tricky to do.

ud3.jpg

Ah, there goes the park I spent many afternoons tossing the old disc around. Good time circa 2003-2006.

My friends...its official, the condo boom has now shifted full steam north to include the Bloor street area from Avenue rd. to Sherbourne st...:eek: lol

When you say Sherbourne are you referring to that Application for Dev sign that describes 4-5 largish towers (os is that Parliament?)

When you say Sherbourne are you referring to that Application for Dev sign that describes 4-5 largish towers (os is that Parliament?)

i think you're reffering to the bloor parliament tower complex that is proposed... but the construction boom has definetly spread east to sherbourne and parliament

Who cares. No offense but, it's a pretty ridiculous statement as the greater Bloor/Yorkville area has seen a ton of development with or without U.

I still can't believe they are putting those stupid townhouses on Bay Street.

i agree, its a horrible move, its like putting townhomes in the chicago loop. it just can't happen. if these people want a townhome so bad than why not move to york or vaughan.

Though to be honest, it's less like the Loop than the Magnificent Mile around here--and there are townhouse/highrise mixes around the Mag Mile that'd be implausible in the Loop...

Though to be honest, it's less like the Loop than the Magnificent Mile around here--and there are townhouse/highrise mixes around the Mag Mile that'd be implausible in the Loop...

i'm just saying its got alot of development happening around it and although the townhomes would be fine if they weren't on bay street it seems kind of ridiculous that they are on bay street which has tons of highrises surrounding it :)

Back