Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

in the new Condo Guide, on pages 90-91, feature article on U....."register now for tower 2" - the east tower @ 55 storeys...

from today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual caveat.....

CONDOMINUM BUILDING, TOWNHOUSES Proj: 9106742-2
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

U Condominums, Phase One, Bay St, St Mary's St, St Joseph's St, M5V
$44,000,000 est

Start: October, 2010 Complete: June, 2012

Note: Working drawings are nearing completion. Const Mgr is seeking building permits for this project and phase two. Construction start is expected Fall, 2010. Sub trade tender schedules will be identified late Summer, 2010. Further update at that time.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, curtainwall exterior, masonry exterior, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a 45 storey condominium building with 390 units and eight three storey townhouses in two buildings. The townhouses will be built along the Northern edge of the site, facing out onto Bay and St Mary's streets. The building amenities will include a three storey glass lobby; party room; yoga studio; and 24-hour concierge service. Four levels of underground parking will connect this project with the Phase Two building followed under report number 9086768.
Scope: 400,000 square feet; 45 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 3 structures; 401 units; 2 acres

Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

`
ustart.jpg

Xesus, this is taking long. I just thought about this the other day, thinking it should start any day now. It's been in sales, since '08 or something like that, no?

Yes, seriously. What has taken this so long? I work right next to this, and each time I go to work I am confronted with this hellish parking lot instead of any sign of progress.

Here are the plots where U Condo will be.

4737117600_f83492c7eb.jpg

4737120634_f864c57a85.jpg

That is one canyon. I really hope Pemberton keeps those trees along Bay street. They are quite needed. The puny ones south of Wellesley need some major help. I'm guessing there's simply no soil underneath to maintain any growth?
4736471881_bb2d3b8449_b.jpg

most of the trees along Bay Street SHOULD stay.. hopefully

Indeed, the Bay Street canyon is the best of the best... But only 1 of the towers will "really" contribute to the streetwall due to their positioning (diagonally from each other).

Sutton Place is one of those towers that really holds the streetwall in place, its simple but awesome how it contributes to Bay Street :D

I'm loving this street, the mix of old and new...such density. I don't think there's a street like it in the city. Hopefully we can start seeing some nice retail along Bay. I figured those 2 units for lease at Murano would have been snatched up by now. Can't wait for Burano and U

Back