Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Site

U Site & the beginning of the sales office being constructed

PICT1683.jpg

PICT1684.jpg

PICT1685.jpg

PICT1688.jpg

PICT1690.jpg

there are highrises on all other corners of bay and st mary st, and of course along bay north and south of the site. the 10th tallest building in the city is a block away. why do u not like this location?

I think the location of the West tower is just stupid. You go from 46 storeys down to a three story building just beside. According to a shadow study in a previous report, it's going to cause major shadowing on the U of T grounds during certain hours of the day. Plus it's going to cause a "boxy" feeling on campus

/\...because...?

Because it's on USMC grounds. Well, formerly anyway. I might not have been at St. Mike's, but I was U of T and I don't like any member college selling off assets to deal with a deficit. Especially when it involves selling off land/green space.

Vic and St. Mike's are already 'boxed' in...and the effect is not a negative.

Because it's on USMC grounds. Well, formerly anyway. I might not have been at St. Mike's, but I was U of T and I don't like any member college selling off assets to deal with a deficit. Especially when it involves selling off land/green space.

Exactly. St. Mike's messed up here...no surprise, though.

as to the possible green space issue here, there is a requirement in the official report for a 3 to 1 ratio of tree replacement, that is for every tree cut down for the construction of these buildings 3 must be replanted in the 'new and improved' park element...

Plus it's going to cause a "boxy" feeling on campus.

The Campus is already loomed over by towers from several decades and of many styles. These 2 towers will add "sleek modern" to that list plus an unknown quantity: the diagonals that have been designed into the facade. We don't really know how pronounced they will be when all is said and done, but it is possible that they could end up at the most eye-catching element of the design. Even if they end up secondary to the simpler vertical and horizontal elements, their playful character should dispel any overly boxy feeling you are concerned with...

or maybe it's not your thing if it doesn't have ivy-covered cornices. In that case you are right and you'll feel boxed in by U.

Dude, it's a parking lot.

I don't mind the architecture of the project - but the wisdom of selling off a valuable and finite resources (i.e. land in the downtown core) for a one-time benefit is questionable to me. The arrangement between McKinsey Co. and Victoria College might be a better model.

AoD

U Condos

Just to introduce myself. I am Dan Flomen, Broker of Record, TFN Realty Inc., Brokerage. I am a sales consultant with Pemberton's U Condos. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact me. We are still finalizing the plans but the units will range from just under 600 square feet to over 1400 square feet. Unfortunatelty I cannot answer any pricing questions at this time as we have not finalized all of the interior finishes and pricing. I will say that the balconies are oversized and the initial layouts maximize the natural light that will fill the suites. We are hoping to launch in early fall.

Back