Toronto TYSSE: Downsview Park Station | ?m | ?s | TTC | AECOM

Is it going to be connected to the GO line from the start? That would help somewhat I suppose.
Given the subway will run about 130 hours a week, and GO only has 10 hours a week when GO Trains arrive at Downsview from the north (and another 15 hours a week when they arrive from the south), it's going to be pretty quiet almost all the time.

Given the subway will run about 130 hours a week, and GO only has 10 hours a week when GO Trains arrive at Downsview from the north (and another 15 hours a week when they arrive from the south), it's going to be pretty quiet almost all the time.

Are they not making improvements to the Barrie line right now that will allow for hourly frequencies? They're putting in a passing track somewhere, aren't they? Not saying that it will get that frequency, but at least the track layout won't be the deciding factor.

Are they not making improvements to the Barrie line right now that will allow for hourly frequencies? They're putting in a passing track somewhere, aren't they? Not saying that it will get that frequency, but at least the track layout won't be the deciding factor.
Ultimately, surely.

But I don't think it's starting next year, so I think innsertnamehere is correct, that it's going to sit empty for a while.

even once GO gets hourly off peak service it will still have a trickle of people using the station. 5-10 people an hour getting of a half empty GO train is not a heavily used subway station.

even once GO gets hourly off peak service it will still have a trickle of people using the station. 5-10 people an hour getting of a half empty GO train is not a heavily used subway station.
True enough. GO forecasts only 50 people a day boarding at this station in 2031. 5-10 an hour may be optimistic off-peak!

They've also proposed using the Barrie line as a preferred method of running trains to Bolton, to optimize Metrolinx's use of the lines it owns (ie. Barrie corridor, without overcrowding the Georgetown South through Weston.
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/regionalplanning/projectevaluation/studies/Bolton_Commuter_Rail_Feasibility_Study_2010_EN.pdf
1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 796
Also, keep in mind the current York University GO station will close upon the subway opening (which is causing much issue with faculty and staffers at york).

Also, keep in mind the current York University GO station will close upon the subway opening (which is causing much issue with faculty and staffers at york).
Sure about that? I've looked at two long-range Metrolinx planning documents today that both assume that it stays open.

Back