Toronto Two Gladstone | ?m | 8s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

May 8 2011 update

Looks like I was in the area on the same day as drum118 ... I'm happy to see Sudbury Street extension finally open to Queen Street ~

IMG_5346.jpg

Wow, one of the fastest rising developments in the city. The elimination of the Dufferin Jog has done wonders for this area. This and 8 Gladstone are bringing new life to Gladstone Ave, and there's still plenty of room for redevelopment in the area with those warehouses on Peel and Dufferin.

The brick is looking good on this building. Definitely a step up from the bland Boho Embassy brick.

Crane came down this weekend. Moving right along on this one. Also, notice they have security now after that horrendous tagging incident. Also, they are staying on top of pulling down those atrocious poster adverts on the plywood walls.

OMG, did vandals tag the building already !?!
at least it'll be bricked up.

look back a page or 2 and you will find my photo showing the tag.

No, the brick is not going to cover the tag, as it is on the precast wall that should now be painted.

Very busy overnight. Looking damn good. I tried to post pics, but for some reason they did not work. The scaffolding on Queen street is mostly gone. The glass is exposed on the old warehouse building right behind the main building.The brick that is up is power washed. Moving along very quickly. I am impressed. Now, if these moron taggers will just leave the area, we would be all good.

Last edited:
Lots of progress lately

Looks like they're working through the night these days, this project is coming alone real fast. It's amazing that they're putting retail in the old warehouse building to the west, that's a huge improvement to the dull grey brick wall that was there before. The new retail space appears nearly complete and should be ready to open any day now (looks like it will start off as a sales center for gladstone condos).

Back