News   Apr 25, 2024
 230     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Toronto Transit Trivia

Aren't the symbols located in the stairways from the surface into St.Andrew, and I believe the same applies to St.Patrick, related to their former wards?

I had mistaken the dragon at St.George as similar. Funny, I'd heard St.George was named after an old ward from TTC staff :rolleyes:

When did UofT adopt the name St.George for its downtown campus?

Oh, St. Patrick and St. Andrew stations are definitely named out after the former wards. I'm just pointing out the answers to your question are open to interpretation.

The symbol in the St. Andrew stairwells is St. Andrew's cross, which doesn't really confirm anything either way. You can see the same symbol at St. Andrew's church next door. I don't think any symbols remain in the stairwells at St. Patrick (if there were any in the past).

402 Parkdale, 404 East York, 11 Bayview, 124 Sunnybrook, 5C Avenue Rd, 39B Finch East, 32D Eglinton West, 51 Leslie, 109 Ranee.

402 Parkdale, 404 East York, 11 Bayview, 124 Sunnybrook, 5C Avenue Rd, 51 Leslie, 109 Ranee.

Also: 133 Neilson, 400 Lawrence Manor.

I'm not sure whether to include 39B Finch East as it doesn't quite get to Scarborough Grace. I would definitely not include 32D Eglinton West - doesn't get close enough to West Park.

Last edited:
As we await a final answer to the last question (loops at hospitals), here's a new one

Name three TTC bus routes in the 1970s that were later taken over by other transit agencies. Name the agencies each route was devolved to.

402 Parkdale, 404 East York, 11 Bayview, 124 Sunnybrook, 5C Avenue Rd, 51 Leslie, 109 Ranee.

Also: 133 Neilson, 400 Lawrence Manor.

I'll count this as the correct answer. Initially, I was thinking more of in the context of turnabouts for buses, ie at Centenary for example, but since I didn't specify, shame on me. This would have included the 133, 321, etc.

Name three TTC bus routes in the 1970s that were later taken over by other transit agencies. Name the agencies each route was devolved to.

74 Port Credit became Mississauga Transit Route 23. (I read the transit toronto article on that recently :))

As we await a final answer to the last question (loops at hospitals), here's a new one

93 Woodbridge went to Vaughan Transit.
74 Port Credit went to Mississauga Transit.
59 North Yonge went to Richmond Hill Transit.

Correct?

Back