News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 623     0 

Toronto Transit Trivia

andomano

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm going to start this new thread as a chance for people to share and test others on their transit knowledge.

To start things off with a relatively easy one;

What two subway stations do you need to walk through a Sears to get to access to from the main portion of a mall?

I'm going to start this new thread as a chance for people to share and test others on their transit knowledge.

To start things off with a relatively easy one;

What two subway stations do you need to walk through a Sears to get to access to from the main portion of a mall?

Dundas and Don Mills.

what is the only subway station in which some instances of the station name are not in a capitalized font?

(easy, I know)

okay, a little harder then;
What station is this, and what direction are we looking?

fo1567%5Cser648%5Cs0648_fl0123_id0003.jpg

Last edited:
what is the only subway station in which some instances of the station name are not in a capitalized font?

(easy, I know)

Downsview.

Not subway, but Spadina on the 510 platform. (And Union and Queen's Quay on the 509/510 platforms?)

Last edited:
Looks like Warden?

Is there a date available for this photo? I see a clock attached to the ceiling; didn't they disappear in the early 70s, or was it even earlier than that?

When the Yonge line was extended from Eglinton to Finch the TTC reduced the number of stations to cut costs. However, they still built three straight, flat sections of track so that these stations could be built at a later date. What were the three stations?

When the Yonge line was extended from Eglinton to Finch the TTC reduced the number of stations to cut costs. However, they still built three straight, flat sections of track so that these stations could be built at a later date. What were the three stations?

was one north york centre?

Glencairn, North York and... Glen Echo or something like that.

You got it! IIRC North York Centre was originally supposed to be called Empress.

I have a friend who constantly rues the lack of a Glencairn station on the Yonge line since he works right in between Eglinton and Lawrence.

Yup, partial credit :)

yay! more pics. this thread is fun!

p.s, look how lighted those tunnels were in the pic. i lament that it's so hard to see inside the tunnels when you ride the subway. i like looking at stuff.

Back