Vaughan Transit City Condos | 176.17m | 55s | CentreCourt | Diamond Schmitt

IMG_1680.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 2,498
The third tower project (Transit City 3) appeared before the Vaughan design review panel on September 27, 2018.
You can read the minutes here

"a curated rotational art wall"
"Panel felt that the low-res approach to the piece was more artistic in nature, and also reduced the risk of this media operating as advertising in future "
"Review the ambient light levels to ensure that they are not disruptive for the adjacent residential units by creating light pollution"

So sounds like a rotating LED screen that they want pixelated so that it doesn't look like a billboard.

I really hope this area has more smaller-scale commerce at street level similar to places like Barcelona. Huge transit hub, but streets full of people. I would hate it if this turned into yet another car-dependent neighbourhood.

To be fair preliminary ridership numbers show VMC having surprisingly half-decent ridership, far above expectations. it's around 15,000 daily trips right now, putting it on par with stations like Dupont and Eglinton West. I'm sure it'll only grow as well as the amount of units going up around it is quite significant, and the line is still too new to have reached ridership maturity.

Apparently the extension is outperforming expectations - it's at 94% of it's projected 2021 ridership, 2 years early. It was only expected to be at 75% at this point.

To be fair preliminary ridership numbers show VMC having surprisingly half-decent ridership, far above expectations. it's around 15,000 daily trips right now, putting it on par with stations like Dupont and Eglinton West. I'm sure it'll only grow as well as the amount of units going up around it is quite significant, and the line is still too new to have reached ridership maturity.

Apparently the extension is outperforming expectations - it's at 94% of it's projected 2021 ridership, 2 years early. It was only expected to be at 75% at this point.

The numbers for Highway 407 station in that article are from before the changes to GO bus service and are almost certainly very inaccurate.

Back