Toronto Tower at Pier 27 | 114.9m | 35s | Cityzen | a—A

The sales pavilion was being prepared to move to the fenced parking lot east of its current location when I walked past today. I guess that means shoring work is nigh.

The sales pavilion was being prepared to move to the fenced parking lot east of its current location when I walked past today. I guess that means shoring work is nigh.

I stopped by the temporary sales office today and they confirmed this. They said that they will be in the temporary space for two weeks while the pavilion is being moved.

I was walking by Friday afternoon and snapped these shots. As you can see, the sales pavilion is sitting on wheels and ready to move. The third picture is the location where they are moving the pavilion - behind the third pier 27 building.

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,634
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2,607
  • IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,531
UT Write-Up:
Following a summer of strong sales, crews are now in the process of priming the future site of Cityzen and Fernbrook's Tower at Pier 27 for the start of construction. The first signs of site activity were spotted last week, when the development's architectsAlliance-designed presentation centre was caught in the process of being prepped to move! The move of the transportable presentation centre—which has been located onsite since 2008—will allow the start of shoring and excavation activity for the new 35-storey condominium tower.

Are people here sure that the parking lot to the west will become green space? Has someone heard direct confirmation of this? The reason I ask is the owner of the parking lot literally just completely overhauled the lot. New asphalt, new pay booths, new lamp posts, new concrete barriers, etc. 100% brand new. Perhaps the owner of the lot did the math, increased the parking fees and decided 2-3 years of increased fees (before they turn it into greenspace) would make a return on the investment in the lot, but I find it hard to believe.

I'm not sure when the land is being transferred to the City, but likely at the end of construction on the Tower. It will become parkland.

When walking by this place on QQ if there's one thing I thought was lacking was more massive massing on the site. At least it will hide some of the earlier phases from view... some of the time. Which future phases will be hiding the east and west facades?

…hiding what east and west facades?

There are two more buildings to be built to the east of Tower at Pier 27.

Back