Toronto Totem Condos | 64m | 18s | Worsley Urban | RAW Design

Notable, not just because the addition speaks the same Modernist language as the earlier building that forms the base, but in how that design language is expanded playfully beyond the Neo Modernist language.

I really like that rendering, how odd for an interesting little project like this with a subway connection to be on a side street.

I really like that rendering, how odd for an interesting little project like this with a subway connection to be on a side street.

Not really when you think about it.
This entrance will serve the residents in the area, while the entrance on Yonge Street will be used primarily by visitors and people working in the area. The subway is getting more and more congested these days, so it really makes sense.
I think it's a great neighbourhood amenity.

I agree, it's really not uncommon and Wellesley station needs a relief entrance/exit. I guess when I heard about the new entrance a few years ago I pictured it being a little closer to Yonge Street.

Not really when you think about it.
This entrance will serve the residents in the area, while the entrance on Yonge Street will be used primarily by visitors and people working in the area. The subway is getting more and more congested these days, so it really makes sense.
I think it's a great neighbourhood amenity.

there is no entrance on yonge street

This may get dragged out for a while.

"This report recommends that City Council refuse the proposed demolition of the designated heritage property at 17 Dundonald Street (Commercial Travellers' Association of Canada Building).

The designated property is the subject of a rezoning application that proposes an 18 storey residential building with 115 dwelling units and 3 levels of below grade parking. The development will provide a secondary public entrance to the Wellesley Street subway station from the Dundonald Street frontage of the project. The applicant is proposing to dismantle the entire heritage building on the property, and to rebuild in a location closer to Dundonald Street and further west, the front (north) elevation, part of one structural bay of the east elevation and five structural bays of the west elevation. The integrity of this reconstruction in replicating the original is unclear. The applicant has advised that a limited amount of original material will be used. The rebuilt structure will form the base or podium of the new tower. Staff considers the extent of intervention proposed to the heritage resource by this redevelopment project to be excessive, diminishing the integrity and heritage value of the resource beyond what can reasonably be defined as conservation in order to accommodate the development proposed."

via http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.PB24.8

This will most definitely take a while.

I'm curious to know whether any of the victorian houses on the street will ever get bought up and replaced with a condo?

Back