Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

The only thing I see on the UT map is that may pose a view blocking issue is Lakeside Residence. But that is so much further South that it doesn't appear to really pose that much of a problem then what the Monde is already doing.

As it stands now though, it's unlikely anything directly view obstructing will likely be erected due South of this project in the foreseeable future...or even in our lifetimes.

I know I'm treading on thin ice at a heavily concentric skyscraper based form here but does anyone else find this one a bit bulky and oversized for the neighbourhood particularly at its north end?

..... and then someone will build further south or ??? Buying downtown is always a bit of a gamble but you live in a building that was clearly going to be blocked sooner than later as there were (are) two sites immediately south that would be a problem. (Time & Space and 33 Sherbourne - and maybe 158 Front.) Caveat Emptor!!

Yeah, I was mostly joking. When we bought this place we knew that the view wouldn’t last. We bought it for the layout - the view is a bonus. But judging by progress so far, we’ve got at least another year before it’s too impeded.

We will probably move before 33 Sherbourne goes up because that will affect not only the view, but our light quality as well. But that’s a long way off.

I know I'm treading on thin ice at a heavily concentric skyscraper based form here but does anyone else find this one a bit bulky and oversized for the neighbourhood particularly at it's north end?
That's what a lot of the first two dozen pages of this thread were commentating on, so not at all.

It's happening though, so I look to the positives. The added density here will be good for local businesses, for providing city services, and add to the municipal tax roll.

A look at the neighborhood in several years time:

Toronto Model 07-13-20 Time and Space.png

Already a very vibrant neighbourhood, and getting better all the time. Though we are quite a few years away from both the new Globe and Mail building (plus residential tower) and 33 Sherbourne both being built.

Back