Toronto Theatre Park | 156.96m | 47s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

At this level of execution the details are what make the difference, and all the more so with this style of design. There's little place to hide, in other words, and it is perfectly reasonable to judge the building accordingly. You may choose to ignore the crown but don't criticize others who consider the building in its entirety.

I can criticize others when I feel the criticism is ridiculous. Labeling the building a "disaster" based on a poor choice up top indicates a propensity for overstatement and a lack of sophistication. That's pretty low-hanging fruit, ripe for the picking.

I agree the mechanical box is a disappointment colour-wise, and I would have liked to have seen the bands extend from the box too as they were originally rendered. I have hope that they will still fix the glass, I'm not quite so foolish to believe that Lamb will pony up to return the bands to the original design. The banding, otherwise, is a huge, dynamic leap beyond what we have on other towers in the area and I am not going to let the mistakes up top rob me of my enjoyment of the building in its entirety.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0132_1.jpg
    IMG_0132_1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 2,259
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 2,261
The colour? For me it’s way more about the form/shape. I barely notice the colour difference, but the way it looks like an asinine little baseball cap on top, hovering over so discordantly, is glaringly hideous.

Agreed. It further adds to the disappointing decision to not have the extruded banding at the top (as per the original renderings), as it would've visually extended the form of the tower's footprint, while tying together the whole banded effect. Coupled with the colour difference, it makes for mediocre execution of what should've been a fantastic building.

Stripped away of its playful details, it's really just a rectangular box, so failing on said important details is insulting. It's a pattern in this city, Toronto developers constantly pull this sort of nonsense as if to suggest we're not worth the effort since they can, and do, get away with it anyway.

we'll all have to start sign potitions when new projects are being brung to the table. So when an agreeable tower in good taste comes along we need to get signatures to hae them stick with their design. no if ands or butts about it.

I can criticize others when I feel the criticism is ridiculous. Labeling the building a "disaster" based on a poor choice up top indicates a propensity for overstatement and a lack of sophistication. That's pretty low-hanging fruit, ripe for the picking.

I'm not going to argue in circles with you. Your calling it a mere 'disappointment' is absurd too.

I agree the mechanical box is a disappointment colour-wise, and I would have liked to have seen the bands extend from the box too as they were originally rendered. I have hope that they will still fix the glass, I'm not quite so foolish to believe that Lamb will pony up to return the bands to the original design. The banding, otherwise, is a huge, dynamic leap beyond what we have on other towers in the area and I am not going to let the mistakes up top rob me of my enjoyment of the building in its entirety.

What did you say about a 'propensity for overstatement...'?

I too wish the colour of the glass at the top was the same as the tower, however this is still a nice building, much more interesting than many others in the area. Personally I am happy the bands weren't included around the top, thought it looked a bit awkward, or at least had the potential to go very very wrong.

I am not a details man. However, the more I get into NimbyTecture--creating superficial exterior building designs ;) --the more I appreciate the design details which I've always realized separated the taAlented from the hacks. While many of you are ranting about colour, I am zooming in on details that really matter!
famEUfw.jpg

Theatre Park is a podium winner!
urQB45l.jpg

uGRrxzm.jpg

EmeZKy6.jpg

YzTVgtQ.jpg

JFnq7wk.jpg

People have begun moving in on the lower levels.
Friend of mine got the keys to his unit last week (which was still largely a construction mess). I believe he is on either the first or second floor that features units.

People have begun moving in on the lower levels.
Friend of mine got the keys to his unit last week (which was still largely a construction mess). I believe he is on either the first or second floor that features units.

I'm looking at a picture with the entrance open to the elements and you're telling me people have moved in? WTF?

Yes, the first residents are in, and it's quite the construction zone still. They're getting in through the Pearl Street entrance. I have friends who have had construction workers walk in on them twice so far. "What are you doing here?" "What are you doing here?!" The guys have been showing up to take care of items from the PDI list.

While there are a number of small issues to deal with, overall, it's a very nice unit. Looks like it will be a great place to live.

I am wondering how long before all the issues with the installation of the exterior banding are dealt with. My friends' unit has two Xes on the exterior bands, and there are mismatched joins in a couple of spots on thew. I'm willing to bet all of that is still months away.

Yeah people have been moving in. Seen a unit this evening amazing deep balconies with stunning views. Impressed with the finishes. Definitely be stunning once fully built.

Back