Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

??? I lived on McMurrich so I know the street very well. !

ceaz...could you speak to the area little bit. I walked around there the other day and i really didn't like the area. It feels a bit like you're in nowhereland...if that makes any sense. You're not really a part of Yorkville, and as well, you're out of touch a bit from the Yonge bloor area. Seems like everything from there is a fair walk except the Canadian Tire.

Don't know if you could provide a few pros and cons of the area.

If this is Yorkville then the Canadian Tire must be Rosedale.

A condo explosion is on the horizon for Yorkville....

Even as the residential property market starts to hit a few snags, Yorkville has not seen a slowdown in construction. Though many people can't afford Toronto's current property prices, the rich certainly can. The revitalization of Bloor Street between Bedford and Church

http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/12/a_condo_explosion_is_on_the_horizon_for_yorkville/

Technically, it *is* part of the old Village of Yorkville--as is Crappy Tire, for that matter. (Look at the map posted in the park in front of 18 Yorkville for proof.)

email from Baker Real Estate today that this project will be launching in February....

anyone waiting for this project to start selling?
seems to me like a great building in a nice location

Location sucks--it's on the wrong side of the action.

Building looks nice but has appalling views of that ugly church south of it (surely the church will sell to a developer to build a view-blocking highrise someday...:D) and some hideous 80s condos.

It's already selling to insiders, so forget about paying retail here--painful.

ceaz...could you speak to the area little bit. I walked around there the other day and i really didn't like the area. It feels a bit like you're in nowhereland...if that makes any sense. You're not really a part of Yorkville, and as well, you're out of touch a bit from the Yonge bloor area. Seems like everything from there is a fair walk except the Canadian Tire.

Don't know if you could provide a few pros and cons of the area.

I found it to be very close to walk to the action in Yorkville, without having to contend with the "tourists" who clog the streets such as Belair, Cumberland, etc. I could easily get in and out of downtown using Davenport or Dupont and not have to be caught in the heavy traffic that seems to pervade closer to Bloor. I have a dog, and I could walk out of my place and be in Ramsden park in 3 minutes. I also could enjoy getting to the tennis courts there, much quicker. I could easily walk to the streets north of Ramsden....and enjoy walking around under mature trees in the heat of the summer....ogling the great houses and dreaming..just a little lol. It almost had a quiet, small town feel.....everyone walking around, mostly seemed to be people who lived in the area....so there were numerous opportunities to exchange greetings and actually develop a conversational acquaintance with those that live around there....and many have dogs, so it helped. It was a close walk to the subway. The walk north up Yonge has many interesting shops and restaurants. Yonge street is very hectic....but you turn down any of the little sidestreets in the area and it becomes almost quiet. I hope I answered your question.

Through a friend of a friend I've heard the units here at really small, with the biggest one being around 1000 square feet. I've also heard that the design of the units is so stupid that you have a concrete column through the middle of the unit, making a lot of the space unusable. I have no idea if any of this is true, but that's just something I heard.

For once we agree. Area is a B+ at best. Prices should reflect it but won't. It's *close* to Yorkville but Bloor and Mannng is *close* to the Annex too...

It's close to Yonge Bloor subway as well as Rosedale Subway station. shouldn't we see more development along that Yonge street in the future?
Can't really decide until the price is out, but location wise I don't think it's too bad. maybe it's the name of the condominium that makes it desperate to be part of Yorkville.

When pricing, developers try to price their developments at or about the Price per square foot of the resale units in the area. Ive heard to expect the units at The Yorkville to be below $700 PSF, which is pretty strong considering the prices on the re-sale market.

Not sure if they will be that price when it hits the public, but for agents they will be pretty strongly priced.

Last edited:
When pricing, developers try to price their developments at or about the Price per square foot of the resale units in the area. Ive heard to expect the units at The Yorkville to be below $700 PSF, which is pretty strong considering the prices on the re-sale market.

Not sure if they will be that price when it hits the public, but for agents they will be pretty strongly priced.

Thanks for the explanation, but when you say strong, is that a good thing?
I also heard Yorkville Condo will start around $6~700. Is this valued good considering other resales around the area?

I thought more core Yorkville was expensive but this area was going for $600 psf.

Back