Toronto The Yorkville Condominiums | 104.54m | 31s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I can't see them selling for 600-650/square foot. Definitely not 600. I'd look for prices of smaller suites around 680-700 and smaller suites around 725-750.

I had a chat with the developer and he confirmed that prices will start in the high $600/sq.ft. It is expected to be released to the VIP broker community at the end of this month. I have attached a Sneak Preview Package for The Yorkville Condos that also have some of the floor plans.

I believe it will be another sold out project.

Last edited:
I had a chat with the developer and he confirmed that prices will start in the high $600/sq.ft. It is expected to be released to the VIP broker community at the end of this month. I have attached a Sneak Preview Package for The Yorkville Condos that also have some of the floor plans.

I believe it will be another sold out project.

Wow, these units are quite disappointing. Here are my biggest issues:

1) The Pillars. What's with all the pillars?? They're everywhere! In Unit 2, for instance, you have 2 pillars in a space of only 544 sq. ft. And in Unit 7 there's FOUR pillars in a unit that's 948 sq ft. And check out where they're located! There are 2 in that tiny Den that's the size of a box. And there's one right in the middle of the hallway. This is absurd. It makes so much of the space unusable! I'm no expert in design, but how can units so small have so many pillars?

2) Small Units. Compared to other condos in this area (eg. The Florian, The Four Seasons, the older units across the street), these are some incredibly tiny units. The 1 bedroom is 544 sq ft, a 2 bedroom is 766 sq ft, and a 2br + den is still under 1000 sq ft. Also, notice how none of these units even have room for a dining room table. Where the hell do you eat? On the counter I guess. Good luck ever having anyone over for dinner. Maybe I'm just used to living in a house all my life, but these units certainly lack space.

Wow, these units are quite disappointing. Here are my biggest issues:

1) The Pillars. What's with all the pillars?? They're everywhere! In Unit 2, for instance, you have 2 pillars in a space of only 544 sq. ft. And in Unit 7 there's FOUR pillars in a unit that's 948 sq ft. And check out where they're located! There are 2 in that tiny Den that's the size of a box. And there's one right in the middle of the hallway. This is absurd. It makes so much of the space unusable! I'm no expert in design, but how can units so small have so many pillars?

2) Small Units. Compared to other condos in this area (eg. The Florian, The Four Seasons, the older units across the street), these are some incredibly tiny units. The 1 bedroom is 544 sq ft, a 2 bedroom is 766 sq ft, and a 2br + den is still under 1000 sq ft. Also, notice how none of these units even have room for a dining room table. Where the hell do you eat? On the counter I guess. Good luck ever having anyone over for dinner. Maybe I'm just used to living in a house all my life, but these units certainly lack space.

1) Only corner units in all the condominiums have concrete pillars which is the structural support of the building along with some load-bearing.

2) Most investors like smaller units because price for these smaller units are less. Smaller units are the ones that gets sold first. The counter that you are referring to is called an island and is used in contrast to the dining table to maximize the space.

As our downtown intensifies we will see smaller units just like in every other major metropoliis. People gets used to it, they ditch extra furniture, have the benefits of a great address and have more disposable dollars left. There are many different market segments and needs.

As our downtown intensifies we will see smaller units just like in every other major metropoliis. ... have more disposable dollars left.

not when one is spending $700 PSF for a shoe box in the core vs. $350 PSF for Etobicoke or Scarborough near the TTC.

I guess that is where we disagree. Not having to own a car, pay for gas, and time saved commuting may well be worth the premium too some people.

I guess that is where we disagree. Not having to own a car, pay for gas, and time saved commuting may well be worth the premium too some people.

I would say the minority of people in the general population. Young single people, maybe... but once you have a family, it's unlikely you'll stay downtown.

all valid points and i concur; however, living dt is not worth double the price of the outer city (still within Toronto) with immediate TTC access.

perhaps a 10-25% premium, but not much more.

this project is trying to capitalize on the 'Yorkville' name, and marketed to investors/wanna-be's with the small units.
a true 'Yorkville' project would be more exclusive with max of 6 units per floor, a minimum of 800 SF for a 1 bedroom unit that had a window.

all valid points and i concur; however, living dt is not worth double the price of the outer city (still within Toronto) with immediate TTC access.

perhaps a 10-25% premium, but not much more.

this project is trying to capitalize on the 'Yorkville' name, and marketed to investors/wanna-be's with the small units.
a true 'Yorkville' project would be more exclusive with max of 6 units per floor, a minimum of 800 SF for a 1 bedroom unit that had a window.

cdr108, so do you know of any project that would meet the above criteria that we should look forward to?
I am planning on purchasing one this year and I just don't know what would be a good investment, thought Yorkville Condo was good
but maybe there could be better.

I guess my concern was mostly the high cost for such small and what seem like poorly designed units. I totally understood that there's a demand for smaller units, I guess I'm just surprised that they'd put such small units in the heart of Yorkville, a traditionally upper-scale neighbourhod. I suppose it makes for a better mix of residents (although single homeowners who can afford a 500K condo are probably not much different from those who can afford a 700K one).

My bigger concern though was really those damn pillars! Couldn't they do a better job of integrating them into the wall, or at least along a wall, rather than in the middle of the den?

The Yorkville Condominiums Sales Pavilion opened its doors on Thursday for two events attended by real estate brokers.

YorkvilleEdCrowd.jpg

Remarks opened with a welcome from Brian Brown, Vice President of Lifetime Developments,

YorkvilleEdBrianBrown.jpg

Brown acknowledged the contributions of Ryerson Photographic Arts students whose work was selected to create a campaign for the building by sussing out the idea of "Yorkvillism" through their photography. Left to right below are Arthur Mola, Eugen Sakhnenko, and Andrew Williamson, three of the six participating photographers. Mola was the winner of the competition to create the campaign's lead images. To their right is Barbara Lawlor, President of Baker Real Estate, who also spoke at the opening.

YorkvilleEdPhotographers.jpg

A gallery within the sales pavilion features the work of all six selected photographers. We captured the three who were able to attend in front of prints of their work.

Eugen Sakhnenko

YorkvillePhotogEugen.jpg

Andrew Williamson

YorkvillePhotogAndrew.jpg

Arthur Mola

YorkvillePhotogArthur.jpg

On hand for the event was Yorkville architect Rudy Wallman, here seen by the scale model of the project.

YorkvilleModelRudy.jpg

The model shows off the building's black, gold, and copper colour scheme, and its articulated facades.

YorkvilleModelSE.jpg

YorkvilleModelMcMurrich.jpg

YorkvilleModelWest.jpg

YorkvilleModelSide.jpg

Let's tour the renderings of the project, starting with the one you are familiar with.

YorkvilleUpdate.jpg

The entrance on Davenport.

YorkvilleEntrance750.jpg

Street-side townhome entrances along McMurrich.

YorkvilleTownhomes750.jpg

The Yorkville's lobby.

YorkvilleLobby750.jpg

The Residents' Lounge

YorkvilleResidentsLounge750.jpg

Spa with the Fitness Centre.

YorkvilleFitnessCentre750.jpg

Outdoor Deck on the Rooftop Terrace.

YorkvilleRooftopTerrace750.jpg

Living area of a suite in The Yorkville

YorkvilleSuite750.jpg

We will take you back to the beautiful Tomas Pearce-designed sales pavilion and model suite next week.

YorkvilleSalesCtr.jpg

Last edited:
Another great project in the Yorkville area, there seems to be allot of activity in the area recently. One of the best places in the city in my personal opinion. The style of the building is interesting and i'm liking the colours and materials allot.

Back