Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

It would seem that as of the 7th, The Well has all its required zoning and official plan amendments as per City Council's approval.

Can I get a woohoo?!

I'm told the sales centre will be going into the old Backpackers Inn at Spadina and King. Perhaps they'll be doing some VIP assignments without a physical space before then but we'll at least have to wait for that project to finish up before we see units go on offer to the masses.

So we may see this go under construction sooner rather than later?

According to the Allied AGM - 2017 is the likely start:

http://alliedreit.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2015/05/APREIT_2015_05_15_AGM_AP_150515.pdf

I'm told the sales centre will be going into the old Backpackers Inn at Spadina and King. Perhaps they'll be doing some VIP assignments without a physical space before then but we'll at least have to wait for that project to finish up before we see units go on offer to the masses.

460 King West is slated for this year according to the AGM presentation.

AoD

Presumably they'll have to wait for the G&M to move to the G&M Centre before construction can start?

There's an empty lot on the corner where they began construction for the previous Globe headquarters where they could start.

what a fantastic design! exactly what this corner needed... rather than more of what we see south of the tracks. Ideally this development and design team should have been the ones to build south of the tracks as well. More like this please.

I'm so excited for this project! I love the covered roof element, I think that will really be a huge boon for this project. In Japan virtually every city has a covered mall that blends seamlessly with the city around it, and they were animated 24/7. I can't wait for the Well to set a precedent in the city.

Back