Toronto FourFifty The Well | 157.4m | 46s | RioCan Living | a—A

So in conclusion, it's not that green in of itself that's really an issue when it's intended. Rather, when it marketed via renderings and such as there not being any real green in the glass they use, and then ends up obvious to all of us that it's clearly green instead becomes problematic. And because, as Mr. 42 above pointed out, the process of making this glass is the least expensive strongly suggests to us that the developers have embarrassingly cheapened out on it. Especially when this project is supposed to be a signature development...

Or tl,dr: Green glass = RioCan/Tridel/Allied et al meet egg on face. /oof

Last edited:
So in conclusion, it's not that green in of itself that's really an issue when it's intended. Rather, when it marketed via renderings and such as there not being any real green in the glass they use, and then ends up obvious to all of us that it's clearly green instead becomes problematic. And because, as Mr. 42 above pointed out, the process of making this glass is the least expensive strongly suggests to us that the developers have embarrassingly cheapened out on it. Especially when this project is supposed to be a signature development...

Or tl,dr: Green glass = RioCan/Tridel/Allied et al meet egg on face. /oof
They probably call it blue:

A25164C7-CBE2-4233-9F08-60BD1F686B3A.jpeg
4D463B55-C446-4DB6-A83C-141B6442045F.jpeg

At the risk of it being an unpopular opinion, I think mainly building nerds object to green glass. Most casual observers would have a harder time putting a finger on it.

I dunno, my wife (who very much counts as a casual observer) said to me literally yesterday morning as we walked past: "ohh, Green Lantern building?"

Real rounded glass though, despite it being Kermit the Frog at certain points. <3

Back