The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

NoahB

Member Bio
Reaction score
Was biking on the waterfront today and noticed The Well in the distance.
IMG_20210115_105649.jpg
IMG_20210115_105657.jpg

concrete_and_light

Member Bio
Reaction score
The way this is building out Wellington looks so good from this perspective above that @aznih_aznih posted. This is doing a great job of filling in the transition between the tower zones south of the tracks/east of Spadina and the topology of the King West area.

Last edited:

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

dusk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm sure its been answered before somewhere but is there anything that prevents developers from using yellow, red, purple, etc glass? Why green and blue every single time?

Vanalla

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm sure its been answered before somewhere but is there anything that prevents developers from using yellow, red, purple, etc glass? Why green and blue every single time?
Yellow in particular - think about when you wear a pair of reflective-tinted yellow sunglasses. The world outside tends to appear... greener.

If you've ever been in an office at 200 Bay (RBC) then you'll understand why developers don't do this.

Tenants are not attracted to looking out their window and feeling like they're in The Matrix.

For red and purple, I'm not a physicist, but I'd speculate that there are similar issues.