The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

got it right

Member Bio
Reaction score
As long as he/she is taking the necessary precautions there's nothing wrong with stepping out for a few photos here and there while out for a small dose of fresh air.

Nevertheless, we appreciate you venturing out and sharing your work.
RM is not known for a few casual photos.... buildings will be under construction for years...hopefully this virus won't.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
RM is not known for a few casual photos.... buildings will be under construction for years...hopefully this virus won't.
Red Mars lives a short walk from The Well (further from some other sites he shoots), and we all need to get some exercise, but it comes down to this for me: I am trusting everyone who is continuing to shoot and post that they are shooting while maintaining distance from others when they are out. We appreciate photos coming in—anyone opening one of these threads is looking for the latest—but we want people to protect themselves and others from virus transmission, so hey, why not 3 metres distance?!

Meanwhile, the "beauty spot" for The Well photos, I can assure everyone, is many metres from where other people would be.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Red Mars lives a short walk from The Well (further from some other sites he shoots), and we all need to get some exercise, but it comes down to this for me: I am trusting everyone who is continuing to shoot and post that they are shooting while maintaining distance from others when they are out. We appreciate photos coming in—anyone opening one of these threads is looking for the latest—but we want people to protect themselves and others from virus transmission, so hey, why not 3 metres distance?!

Meanwhile, the "beauty spot" for The Well photos, I can assure everyone, is many metres from where other people would be.

It's easy to maintain distance when taking pictures of sites - there's hardly anyone outside! It's great!

Kenojuak

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know of any updates related to the Spadina/Front station that will eventually be connected to the well?
Unfortunately it will not be connected to the Well underground. The only possible depth for tunnel connection is at P4 level due to deep heavy utilities under Front Street at levels P1-P3. There are knockout panels in the Well’s foundation walls at the P4 level facing both south and east at the corner of Front and Spadina as required by zoning (Sched. A: S. 37 Provisions). But they will likely never connect to anything as the station platform is at the P2 equivalent level in the rail corridor and the cost to dig down and across is millions with no party identified to pay it. In reality people will just cross Front Street at grade.

Not sure of current timing for the station, sorry

Last edited: