Toronto The Well | 174.03m | 46s | RioCan | Hariri Pontarini

Hello. Does anyone know of any updates related to the Spadina/Front station that will eventually be connected to the well?

Attachments

• 0F2D7CC9-F22E-4BA1-8DAB-9EA1EBAD8CEF.jpeg
    0F2D7CC9-F22E-4BA1-8DAB-9EA1EBAD8CEF.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 366
Hello. Does anyone know of any updates related to the Spadina/Front station that will eventually be connected to the well?
Unfortunately it will not be connected to the Well underground. The only possible depth for tunnel connection is at P4 level due to deep heavy utilities under Front Street at levels P1-P3. There are knockout panels in the Well’s foundation walls at the P4 level facing both south and east at the corner of Front and Spadina as required by zoning (Sched. A: S. 37 Provisions). But they will likely never connect to anything as the station platform is at the P2 equivalent level in the rail corridor and the cost to dig down and across is millions with no party identified to pay it. In reality people will just cross Front Street at grade.

Not sure of current timing for the station, sorry

Last edited:
You can really start to see the difference from the glass that's being used on the office tower compare to the podium. It seems that the office tower part has more Mirror like reflection compare to the podium. Which is going to make this building stand out even more. As seen in the photos up above !

All the glazing looks identical to my eyes. Isn't it just catching different reflections due to placement?
It's hardly noticeable at the moment but the difference in reflectivity should become more visible once more glass is up on the office floors.
It's still too green for my liking but once the cross-bracing is in, I'm thinking it will break up the large expanses of green

Back