Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Thanks for the pics current.

btw what are those 2 buildings that is being constructed behind it ? The other one looks like Casa and what is the other ?

Yup...interesting to see Blu and Uptown being built side by side.

Thanks for the pics current.

btw what are those 2 buildings that is being constructed behind it ? The other one looks like Casa and what is the other ?

The other is BSN

Taken this morning:

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Thanks da_toronto_geek

On the latest pics, that rental (?) building on the left really looks ugly.

They better coordinate those 2 cranes in terms of which way it swings as the buildings start to go up.

btw, who owns the space where the sales office of Uptown was or is situated ?

The sales centre is part of the development, it will connect to the tower and serve as a back door (or a front door?) for the condo. It also gives Uptown a Yonge St. address.

I don't think so whatever (in no disrespect) ... looking at the approved drawings for Uptown, the lobby is accessed only from the front (west) with the address of 35 Balmuto Street

looking at the plans for the podium floors, residential units face the west side, whereas above grade parking occupies the entire rear of the property (north, east, south) for the first 5 floors ... there is no bridge connection to the existing building (current sales office) on Yonge Street ... I seem to recall that building will be turned back into retail space once Uptown sales are completed

Simply Dan - great pics there! you have a great perspective there. I believe you mentioned before that you work in the Xerox building? Maybe there is a bright side to the delayed start on 1BE.

It's currently for lease. Would make a great high end restaurant.

The original Uptown Cinema entrance had much of it's original ornate plasterwork in tact prior to it becoming a sales office. If it wasn't destroyed it could make a really funky restaurant, pub or retail space.

The sales centre is part of the development, it will connect to the tower and serve as a back door (or a front door?) for the condo. It also gives Uptown a Yonge St. address.

Are you serious???? I definitely didn't know that. :confused::eek:

/\ C'mon, read a little onward before posting...

I don't think so whatever (in no disrespect) ... looking at the approved drawings for Uptown, the lobby is accessed only from the front (west) with the address of 35 Balmuto Street

looking at the plans for the podium floors, residential units face the west side, whereas above grade parking occupies the entire rear of the property (north, east, south) for the first 5 floors ... there is no bridge connection to the existing building (current sales office) on Yonge Street ... I seem to recall that building will be turned back into retail space once Uptown sales are completed

I always look for answers before posting a question, but I swear I totally missed that. Sorry.

Not to be brash, but you are 100% incorrect. The sales centre is a seperate building seperated by a laneway. It is however owned by Pemberton and is going to be leased out for some type of business. The Uptown does not have a Yonge street address, only a Balmuto street one...

That's different from what I remember hearing, but I can't find any kind of a reference to back up my recollection so it's entirely possible that I am mistaken.

Back