Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Maybe Brad Lamb can open an office here. Its Mussolini Modernism certainly suits a guy with a bald dome like Mussolini...

Maybe Brad Lamb can open an office here. Its Mussolini Modernism certainly suits a guy with a bald dome like Mussolini...

He can't afford it ... over-extended himself so need to cut expenses.

Didn't you hear that he's leasing the new property that his RE firm was supposed to move into.

It has (unfortunately) become common and accepted to pluralize numbers and abbreviations with an apostrophe s. From reading that I've done, while it's not technically correct, it's one of those things that is becoming "correct" due to widespread practice. It bugs the Hell out of me too, though.

Abbreviations like what? You don't mean contractions, do you? It's perfectly correct in those cases of course. Do you mean something like abbrev's as an example? That would make sense to me.

I have the feeling interchange is about to step in, but since I started this argument, thought I'd contribute to it: I think developers use it full well knowing that it is wrong, but it looks better. The apostrophe creates separations between the numbers and the "s", making it possibly easier to make out what the dilly is going on. In conclusion: wrong and we hate it, but here to stay.

I'm not convinced that developers know that it's wrong to use apostrophes for pluralization. An apostrophe may spread a word out, but incorrect usage just makes me mental, so any advantage that spacing a word out is entirely lost on me.

He can't afford it ... over-extended himself so need to cut expenses.

Didn't you hear that he's leasing the new property that his RE firm was supposed to move into.

It'll be interesting to see Lamb implode on the next season of his HGTV show. I hope it's still on.

...in fact a whole new crop of real estate shows in the next year on HGTV should feature hosts screaming, crying, and defenestrating themselves. It could be a fun season!

Abbreviations like what? You don't mean contractions, do you? It's perfectly correct in those cases of course. Do you mean something like abbrev's as an example? That would make sense to me.

He probably meant acronyms, not abbreviations, such as when people write DVD's or CD's, when in fact, that's wrong.

It'll be interesting to see Lamb implode on the next season of his HGTV show. I hope it's still on.

...in fact a whole new crop of real estate shows in the next year on HGTV should feature hosts screaming, crying, and defenestrating themselves. It could be a fun season!

hahah, i was on that show for an episode!! They tried to make me look like a sucker, but I fired my agent cause they were way too pushy for the sale.

hahah, i was on that show for an episode!! They tried to make me look like a sucker, but I fired my agent cause they were way too pushy for the sale.

Good for you !

Those pushy RE agents make car salesmen/women seem like amateurs.
There's alot more at stake here ($200K+ vs $20K+) !

Not even close

Apartments.jpg

It would be interesting to see what 2009 numbers will look like with larger price drops expected in the other cities

New York City especially will feel the pain in 2009 considering the shrinking pool of high paying finance jobs.

Some construction photos from the Pemberton site

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    170.1 KB · Views: 279
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
March 14th Update

Nothing too exciting. Blu & Uptown should start to fly in the next couple of weeks.
Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I meant abbreviations and acronyms, though primarily acronyms, I should've specified. jks is bang on with the DVD's, CD's example; I can't stand it. And of course I wasn't suggesting that an apostrophe S in contractions is incorrect.

Totally agree regarding CD's etc. Why can't people just use the UPPER CASE/lower case change to indicate the plural? CDs makes perfect sense to me...

March 26

3390622086_39f5b27d5c_b.jpg

It looks like the public laneway separating the two buildings is still a big hole in the ground.
3390622062_e3d499f062_b.jpg

Cool layers and textures, I'll have to get up there with a camera. These two will be fun to watch rise.

Back