Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Today:

Midtown%20Projects%20-%20April%208%2C%202009%20006.jpg

That Scotia corner is just crying out for another tower. Thanks for the pic.

Too bad they can't just build on top of the BSN branch (maybe inset 10ft) so it leave the street-wall as is and have a resident's entrance on Balmutto.

I like the bank being there and it looks okay for what it is.

Small footprint on these two buildings, makes you wonder if one day they dont build a couple of towers overtop the podium roof of the Manu-life.

That's the roof of the 6 new Varsity cinemas that were added 10 or 12 years ago, so it's probably not structurally possible.

It's going to be so strange to stand on the NE corner of Yonge/Bloor around the end up summer, seeing BSN, Casa, Uptown, and CrystalBlu having such a dramatic impact on the southward views (not to mention seeing the empty lot where the Harvey's and City Optical used to be).

This corner will soon remind me of a Robert Polidori photo from China. There's the cleared rubble of a hutong (Roy's square), and some low-slung 19th century brick structures shuddering below a giant faux deco condo tower.

Totally usable space for both the offices in the north tower and the residents in the south. Sometimes a door is unlocked on the east side of the property allowing one to get up there. Fantastic views and environment - it should be publicly accessible but alas...

Hey, Crystal Blu seems to be rising faster than the Uptown. I guess because of the smaller footprint.

Also, looking at the area of the parking lot floors...it seems to be very tight when turning corners at Crystal Blu so imagine driving up or down the floors in a relatively short distance before the next corner....

It depends what month who ahead of who.

Both have been ahead of each other from day one.

By right, Crystal Blu should be higher up by now and ahead of Uptown.

May 2nd Update

From Balmuto Street, the 3rd floor nearing completion. The race is on between Uptown & Blu

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

hmm...It would be interesting to see how Balmuto would look like once everything has been built especially with the artscape (?) that will be created as per contribution from both builders.

Back