Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

24 October 2010: Did the crane come down today in the fog?

dsc01443u.jpg

dsc01440oz.jpg

Not gonna lie.. I love shots where buildings disappear into the fog...

Check out urbandreamer's photo today in the One Bloor thread of Casa disappearing into the fog, it's wonderful.

Check out urbandreamer's photo today in the One Bloor thread of Casa disappearing into the fog, it's wonderful.

Oh I saw it.. Fantastic.
A while back I took a great picture of the CN tower disappearing into the fog, but the lights were kind of showing through the fog, so it looked like a UFO..
Actually I think I'm gonna look for it, though it probably is on my old computer..

Here's a really nice shot by UT member Anroiduk posted over at the Four Seasons thread:

***Notice how stained/beige Uptown looks... It looks very close to the colour of the original renders!!! too bad it doesn't look like this everyday. I like the aged/classic look of it on the yorkville skyline!

From Yonge, south of St. Clair. Four Seasons will totally dominate from this angle.

4seas026.jpg

http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...ms-(Menkes-4S-Lifetime-52-25s-aA-P-S)/page112

Another Cheapening ?

24 October 2010: Did the crane come down today in the fog?

dsc01443u.jpg

Are they going to put Granite or something on the "dark gray" area or is THAT it ? It looks like they will leave it as is and thus cheapen the look even more. I remember at the model it has a different color of granite that filled those gray areas we see now. I hate it when they do a bait and switch since they know the buyers don't have any recourse.

Are they going to put Granite or something on the "dark gray" area or is THAT it ? It looks like they will leave it as is and thus cheapen the look even more. I remember at the model it has a different color of granite that filled those gray areas we see now. I hate it when they do a bait and switch since they know the buyers don't have any recourse.

The dark gray is granite - its a lighter shade with a rough grainy cut.

Here's a really nice shot by UT member Anroiduk posted over at the Four Seasons thread:

***Notice how stained/beige Uptown looks... It looks very close to the colour of the original renders!!! too bad it doesn't look like this everyday. I like the aged/classic look of it on the yorkville skyline!l]

Yes, it looks like an authentic deco tower in that shot. Here's hoping it will look better as it ages over time.

Back