Toronto The Taylor | 121m | 36s | Tricon | Diamond Schmitt

I'm really excited for this building to go up, but it's going to look so silly with the bulbous Petro Canada station between it and the park lol

Pics taken Apr 26, 2019

DSC04319.JPG

DSC04320.JPG

Darn, I just saw the crane poking up and realized that this is going to cut off my view of the CN Tower. I wonder how much of it will be gone. I'm 10 floors up, pretty much exactly NW 45º from this building.

How much of my view am I going to lose? ?

@insertrealname: Upon further review, I might be slightly to the right (notice the CN Tower is over the yellow building in my picture, the black one in your perspective). Also, the ceilings in my building are higher than usual (mine are 12ft, those below me are 11ft) so I'm a bit higher than a typical 10 story building.

It appears that this tower, after its setbacks, will be just off to the left of the CN Tower. Between this and whatever comes to the PetroCanada site eventually (probably not too tall since it's next to a park), they would perfectly frame the tower. I’m safe from both development sites on the NW (Quantum Coffee) and SW (Flight Centre) corners of King/Spadina but the massive development going north of Clarence Sq will likely block my view entirely.

Still. I'm going to really miss this wide open view of the CN Tower surrounded by nothing but sky. I've had it for 7 years. Not too bad in a booming city like ours.

Incidentally, I'm also going to lose my already restricted view of the water when KING is built. At least, that'll be a nice view of a beautiful Bjark Ingels structure with "mountainous" vegetation.

I assumed you were the westernmost unit on the penthouse floor of your building (floor 10). If you are actually the second most western unit, below is the adjusted angle.

Also, your view of the water isn't going to disappear from King, it will disappear from The Well.
view.JPG
view 2.JPG

I assumed you were the westernmost unit on the penthouse floor of your building (floor 10). If you are actually the second most western unit, below is the adjusted angle.

Also, your view of the water isn't going to disappear from King, it will disappear from The Well.
View attachment 186276View attachment 186277

I love seeing massing renderings like this that demonstrate buildings impacts from vantage points closer to the ground — really shows the impact buildings will have in actual life. I hadn't realized that the The Well would be so significant from here and in general.

Are these 3D models publicly available? I'm curious to see what impact developments will have from other vantage points.

Back