Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

Yes, those panels were crumbling in places, and they had built-in slots for single-pane windows. Any repurposing of them would require a major overhaul to bring them up to today's code… so I assume they are heading for a crusher, and then recycling.

Or, if we're lucky, to the Leslie Street Spit or the bottom of the Scarborough Bluffs!

Or, if we're lucky, to the Leslie Street Spit or the bottom of the Scarborough Bluffs!
Wouldn't mind seeing a chunk added to the Guildwood Park lineup

Guildwood Park has nice, older stuff going on, no modernist or brutalist remnants - I feel it would be a jarring note.

I would prefer to avoid the rubble crusher and see them dumped whole at the spit, where I could shoot them from time to time as the lake slowly eats them away (and as other construction debris gets gradually layered on top).

26844348221_b0fcf285be_o.jpg

I'm also quite surprised by the hate over the cladding. I find it quite interesting. A nice, modern ode to the previous cladding. I wish the cross bracing was more visible through the glass, but I think when the temporary walls behind them are removed, it will be much more visible, especially at night. I would have liked less reflective glass, but will wait to see the final product before passing judgment.

Anyone notice that steel "cage" that is going up on the north side? I forgot to take a picture, but wonder if anyone knows what that is?

That would be for the new elevators heading from ground level to the condo sky lobby.

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    828.8 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_4404.jpg
    IMG_4404.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 796
  • IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 827
  • IMG_4399.jpg
    IMG_4399.jpg