Toronto The Residences of 488 University Avenue | 206.95m | 55s | Amexon | Core Architects

Sv9L0Kd.jpg

Looking at the plans, it seems the elevator from the ground floor to the "sky lobby" is attached to the outside of the commercial portion of the building. Anyone know if this will be a glass enclosed elevator?

Any recent pics or updates on the progress?

The Icon was the original name for this project, not the one across University.

We haven't heard anything recent about it, but you'll find the thread for 481 University here.

Looking at the plans, it seems the elevator from the ground floor to the "sky lobby" is attached to the outside of the commercial portion of the building. Anyone know if this will be a glass enclosed elevator?

Any recent pics or updates on the progress?

It won't be .

This morning:

IMG_1772 copy.jpg
IMG_1777 copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1772 copy.jpg
    IMG_1772 copy.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,732
  • IMG_1777 copy.jpg
    IMG_1777 copy.jpg
    970.7 KB · Views: 1,700
so they removed the building's underwear. are they going to remove the shirt as well or leave it as it is and construct the residential portion on it?

The new Curtain Wall Pre-glazed panels will start on the South Elevation Mid-February by Toro Glass Wall, leaders in providing the gold standard in the Curtain Wall industry.

Thanks for the info… but not so much for the spin. Welcome to the UrbanToronto Forum. Please converse in English, not Slogan.

Thanks for the info… but not so much for the spin. Welcome to the UrbanToronto Forum. Please converse in English, not Slogan.

I had a hard time identifying the 'spin' and 'Slogan' that you picked-up from Dwayne's entry (honestly, it looked fine to me). I had to read it several times to identify it. But was it where he stated: "...leaders in providing the gold standard..."? I assume that Dwayne has some experience in this area (either directly or tracking similar projects) and hearing his description that this new tower is being clad with a high-quality product by 'top-of-the-line' professionals, giving rise to an installation that should therefore not start coming apart shortly after completion is welcome news! I think that was his take-home message.

You got it. "…leaders in providing the gold standard" has the cadence of PR jargon, and isn't really conducive to conversation. Assuming @Dwayne Menchenton is a representative of Toro Glass Wall, we are very happy to have him here and we look forward to subsequent informative posts from him, but we'd just prefer that he uses a more personal voice in the future!

Meanwhile, as much as I regret the loss of the concrete grille from the building, I'm glad that the proportions of the grille windows are being maintained in the new curtain wall, so I'm looking forward to seeing the first of it installed.

My main objective was expressing to the world that I am personally proud of the Curtain Wall product that Toro Glass Wall produces.

Fair enough! And seriously, let us know what you can whenever you can. There's lots of interest here, not just in the glazing of this building, but wherever you guys are working. We love technical details when applicable, BTW!

How can the curtain wall installation begin in a couple of weeks when they haven't even removed half of the old cladding? And I also agree with 42, we would love to get more information on this exciting project, Dwayne!

Back