Toronto The Plant | 35.96m | 10s | Curated Properties | Kohn Shnier

You can see the bottom of the y, ignore the odd white paint. It certainly read storey when I was there.

I presume this means they will be adding a 7 floor wing to the building.. But it also says to increase the height.. Clearly a 7 floor height increase is not minor.. I'd love to see the revised drawings for this one.

OK looked into this again now that it has actually gone to committee and a notice of decision has been issued.. They are proposing to add 7 floor addition to the northern portion of the building to create a party wall with the building proposed to the north (CABIN). Committee approved the application.

https://www1.toronto.ca/City Of Tor...iles/pdf/C/April 20 (B) Decisions (Final).pdf

Notice of decision is in there, along with a little zoning graphic.

Looks like they are starting to prepare a sales centre for this development. Until recently, the building had been vacant for quite some time.

From Today:
upload_2016-11-10_17-12-3.png

From Before (shown in 2015):
upload_2016-11-10_17-13-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-10_17-12-3.png
    upload_2016-11-10_17-12-3.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 712
  • upload_2016-11-10_17-13-46.png
    upload_2016-11-10_17-13-46.png
    974.7 KB · Views: 681
A wilted onion for a logo... it's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see how it plays out for them

And the renderings are in! Well, one of them anyway, with enough detail to create a number of windows. You'll find those in the new dataBase file, attached at the top of the page. What you won't find in there is the name of the architect, however, as we don't know if Kohn Shnier have been retained or not. It's certainly completely different now.

In the meantime, Curated Properties are JVing with Windmill Developments on this building, looking to bring some serious green cred to it. More soon!

New information added to the dataBase file includes the architect, SMV Architects, the interior designer, + tongtong, and the landscape architect, Forrec.

Some nice details on the base brickwork and balconies.

However, we should keep in mind that projects that emphasize plantings as an integral part of the design are at mercy to how well the final plantings do (i.e. will the ivy on the wall even reach that high?).

Back