Toronto The Plant | 35.96m | 10s | Curated Properties | Kohn Shnier

http://mikelayton.ca/public-meeting-planning-application-for-41-dovercourt-road

Public Meeting: Planning Application for 41 Dovercourt Road

The City is holding a Community Consultation for 41 Dovercourt Road where you can learn more about this application ask questions and share your comments.

Thursday April 25, 2013
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Trinity Community Recreation Centre
155 Crawford St (map)

Proposal: The applicant is proposing to develop the site at 41 Dovercourt Rd with a 13-storey mixed use building consisting of 90 residential dwelling units and approximately 2,300 square metres of non-residential floor area. The applicant proposes to provide 105 parking spaces on site, located within three levels of underground parking.

You can view a copy of the Preliminary Report providing background information at: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2013.TE21.43

To speak to the planner directly, contact Marian Prejel, at (416) 392-9337 or mprejel@toronto.ca.

This looks like a lost opportunity to do floors 5-13 in the style of the podium but with some more ondulation to it (like the One Bloor Podium, but with more brick instead of glass).

I kind of like it though.

Not sold on the tower - it doesn't look fully baked* - but I absolutely love the podium.

I think they went a little overboard with the renderpeople. I've never seen that many people at that intersection, ever.

*Pun not intended. Sorry.

Last edited:
Wooooow ..... what is this? This thing is terrible.....

It already looks like a picture of an old 1970s building .... Can any architect get away with such design after collecting their money?

They must have taken inspiration from that building at the South-west corner of Bloor and Dundas. The one that was shortlisted for ugliest building in Toronto.

It does remind me of the Bloor/Dundas building too. And suburban medical centres. I see the retro thing here, but I'm not buying it in this case. Is the local precedent one of the older buildings over the wall in the CAMH site? If so it seems like an ironic response, and I'm not sure irony should drive the design of significant buildings.

The building has been redesigned. I just received the resubmitted plans from the city planner. From the sound of it they are ready to approve it since they lowered it to 10 storeys. There is a final meeting this Friday open to residents. I'm happy they lowered it, but disappointed it's still 10 storeys. :(

Now three storeys shorter than the original proposal of 13, and with 75 units instead of 90.

The tenant of the existing building has now moved elsewhere, and the building is vacant. I wonder if this is a sign of construction beginning soon? anyone know if it will be a rental?

Anyone know what's going on with this? 7 floor infill addition.. What?
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 862

Back