Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Photos taken today, Friday (July 5). Yeah I can attest to the crime at Yonge and Bloor. Just two weeks ago while taking photos of this building, someone stole my helmet from my parked bike! Had it on Yonge south of Charles, never in my decades of cycling has someone taken my helmet! But I got the shots... This week, work remains at levels 61/62 at the top, where it was at my last update a week ago. The corner blue forms have moved up a level as they pour the corners of the floors, now around level 54. The black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) below continue their rapid rise, installing the tower's skin. Last week, the east and north RCSs were at level 33, the west one at 32. This week, the east and north are both up to level 34, and the west is at 33. The smaller scaffolds on the south side are also rising, now at 31.

Starting with the "time-lapse" Flickr album update, views from the south where we can see more of the installed skin, a view from across the street on Yonge, then the view by Holt Renfrew, from Cumberland east of Bay, then Bloor east of Yonge; from Bloor and Bedford as we now see the skin emerge over the TD building, and a final shot from down Devonshire.

UTIMG_2581.jpg
UTIMG_2433.jpg
UTIMG_2437.jpg
UTIMG_2489.jpg
UTIMG_2480.jpg
UTIMG_2462.jpg
UTIMG_2504.jpg
UTIMG_2747.jpg
UTIMG_2701.jpg
UTIMG_2623.jpg
UTIMG_2564.jpg
UTIMG_2837.jpg
UTIMG_2863.jpg

Today, they finished the Yonge St concrete pour on the sidewalk and did a concrete pour on the columns that will hold up the next level 62. Is level 62 where they will pause to see if they can get a buyer for the building? If not, then the crane will have to grow taller.

View attachment 578086View attachment 578087View attachment 578088View attachment 578089
I have a feeling we will not see construction stop as for the Crane rising they usually do those on Saturdays do they don't they

The stabby vibes at Yonge and Bloor are from blistering winter winds to the face. I recall the wind study for The One modelling 0.1% conditions (meaning rare but not unrealistic) where pedestrians could face 80km/h winds on the south east street corner.

Shout out to our dedicated photographers showing up rain or shine, windy or not.

EDIT: I fact checked myself because people get whiny when bad things are said about The One. Apparently the pre-construction conditions show max 79km/h and post-construction conditions show max 78km/h. Hard to believe winds will be reduced considering this building’s envelope. I think there’s a relatively wide margin for error in these very scaled down dimensional analyses. Study found in supporting documentation here.

Last edited:

Now we’re talking and bringing back some good childhood memories. I grew up a block from there. That little park was a fave as a kid, and truly is a most chill corner, and more importantly, a very green space on both sides of the street.

For those who don’t know, and unless I’m mistaken, this is at Lytton and Alexandra and is a pretty peaceful place to relax and sleep on a park unperturbed.

Back