Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I don't see how they're going to 94 floors without approvals. They're only allowed up to 91 currently, right?

Knowing Mizrahi, I wonder how much, outside of the application, was actually done in terms of work to actually get it to 91 floors. Like, I'm wondering if they've actually done the engineering/construction/HVAC drawings or if they just got approvals and left it at that. If so, I doubt Hana Bank has an appetite for any development work outside of just handing the construction off to SG and hoping it gets topped out asap.

*Wonders quietly if Koops65 will be pulling out whatever remaining hair he has on his Lurian head about now*
Just quietly waiting now, to see how tall the one will end up...

IMG_1400.jpeg
IMG_1401.jpeg
IMG_1402.jpeg
IMG_1403.jpeg
IMG_1404.jpeg
IMG_1405.jpeg
IMG_1406.jpeg
IMG_1407.jpeg
IMG_1408.jpeg
IMG_1409.jpeg
IMG_1410.jpeg
Today.

Here are some from today. They were busy removing some of the concrete forms in the mechanical level and started installing the next level floor forms. They've really picked up the pace, it seems:

View attachment 576201
Haha! You probably just missed me as I took the same pic from my car but didn’t post it originally cause it didn’t show much.
IMG_0662.jpeg

Photos taken today, Friday (June 28). Despite the reports about whether the project will be completed or is even viable anymore, it rises! At the top, forms have moved up since my update a week ago and they are at floor 61, maybe even 62. With the super-column forms moving up and some scaffolds removed, we can now start to see the 3rd mechanical level emerge from behind. The corner forms remain where they were before - around level 53. The most dramatic movement is with the black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs), which were at levels 32, 30 and 30 for the east, north and west RCS, respectively, have now shot up to levels 33, 33 and 32, respectively. At this rate, they'll clear the 2nd mechanical level in July and we'll start to get more people noticing this - as the top should be close to clearing 1 Bloor E by then as well.

After the usual Flickr "time-lapse" album addition, views from the south seeing the maximum height of installed glass, up level 33 on the south side. The views on the east face, then from by Holly Renfrew on Bloor at Balmoro to the west, shots from Cumberland east of Bay, from Bloor east of Yonge, and finally from Bloor at Bedford to the west where the top is one floor closer to blocking 1 Bloor E.

UTIMG_0853.jpg
UTIMG_0629.jpg
UTIMG_0738.jpg
UTIMG_0703.jpg
UTIMG_0754.jpg
UTIMG_0780.jpg
UTIMG_1009.jpg
UTIMG_0959.jpg
UTIMG_0903.jpg
UTIMG_0927.jpg
UTIMG_0795.jpg
UTIMG_0800.jpg
UTIMG_1062.jpg

Last edited:
Posted by NYguy from SSP:

53792129161_935031be71_h.jpg

citatus
With the curvature of the Earth and everything the one is going to look like it is only slightly shorter than the CN Tower from this viewpoint kind of cool and 11YV is just a beautiful building coming from somebody who hated it before the setbacks started showing

Back