Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

does anyone know what’s the cladding plan for the mechanical levels? Some renderings show it as champagne colour and in others it looks black. I would assume it’ll be like the fluted metal cladding seen by the lobby and that mechanical level facing yonge street.

From today. The centre core rose up a level and is now blocking my Mississauga view. I figure my Humber Shores view will disappear in about 3 weeks :mad:.

20240222_100252.jpg
20240222_150429.jpg
20240222_150432.jpg

This, of course, is the corner where there has been much flux: the closings of Hudson's Bay and Nordstrom Rack, amidst two pyramid-like towers propping up, including The One on the southwest corner, which will also house a new Andaz hotel. And maybe a long-rumoured Apple store? According to Patterson, it is still the spec.

Pics taken yesterday, February 22nd, 2024.

Some of the usual to finish, but we'll start with an uncommon angle, this is now visible from Hoskin at U of T:

DSC03154.jpg

DSC03155.jpg

Just peeking out, from in front of ROM:

DSC03142.jpg

Now from Yorkville Avenue:

DSC03119.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

Finally, from up close:

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03113.jpg

Photos taken today, Friday (Feb. 23). Nice late afternoon light today... Lots of movement since my previous post last week. Everything, save for the crane, has gone up one level. So the blue forms on top went up one level, revealing the next set of hanger attachment points on level 50. They are at level 54 on top, I believe, already nearly at the third mechanical level at level 57. The corner forms have all moved up as they get caught up to the tops of the last hangers, now at around level 43. And the Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) have all moved up as we get views of the first mechanical level and the shape of the building is slowly revealed. The east RCS is ahead, as usual, now at level 18, perhaps clearing the mechanical level next week. The north and west RCSs are both on level 17. And the external elevator now goes up to floor 47.

Starting with latest addition to the "time lapse" album on Flickr (I now also show the Cumberland/Bay view in that album), followed by views from the south, showing the mechanical louvres now installed on most of the mechanical level on that side (only the SW corner had them in place as of last week). Views of the emerging mechanical section from the east side with louvres also in place, outward-facing cladding on the super columns installed, and other views from Bloor east of Yonge. Then, from by Holt Renfrew to the west, from Cumberland east of Bay and finally from Bedford on Bloor West.

UTIMG_3784.jpg
UTIMG_3590.jpg
UTIMG_4014.jpg
UTIMG_4010.jpg
UTIMG_3682.jpg
UTIMG_3700.jpg
UTIMG_3813.jpg
UTIMG_3816.jpg
UTIMG_3791.jpg
UTIMG_3991.jpg
UTIMG_3941.jpg
UTIMG_3907.jpg
UTIMG_3881.jpg
UTIMG_4030.jpg

...it's been one of those weird cold days where it doesn't really feel that cold. (Usually, it's the opposite way around.)

Back