Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Does anyone have any new photos of continuing construction? After the big pour on the weekend, there should be some indication of form removal, and the floor being installed for the next level. As long as work
is continuing, then we can relax and let the lawyers and money men do their thing.
IIRC, that court filing took place about five months ago. Why would you think that today would be the day work stops?

That's not what i said at all. If there are workers on site, then work is continuing, and everyone can undo all the knots in their shorts. Thaivic posted pictures yesterday with a few workers on site, and if that continues through the week, then there shouldn't be all the panic posts
as there is on this page. Talking about the building not being completed and being knocked down, is pure nonsense at this point. As i stated above, as long as construction is continuing, then people can relax.

That's not what i said at all. If there are workers on site, then work is continuing, and everyone can undo all the knots in their shorts. Thaivic posted pictures yesterday with a few workers on site, and if that continues through the week, then there shouldn't be all the panic posts
as there is on this page. Talking about the building not being completed and being knocked down, is pure nonsense at this point. As i stated above, as long as construction is continuing, then people can relax.
That’s crazy talk - there will be no relaxing as long as thieves and fraudsters are associated with The One. 😊

Until we have more information can we stop the aimless speculation on whether it will get built or demolished or anything to do with Bridging or Apple for that matter. Workers are onsite so clearly it is still proceeding. We will see how it plays out.

Does anyone have any new photos of continuing construction? After the big pour on the weekend, there should be some indication of form removal, and the floor being installed for the next level. As long as work
is continuing, then we can relax and let the lawyers and money men do their thing.
There were pictures posted yesterday. They are setting up the forms for the mezzanine on the east side.

I can't remember. Has the CoA hearing for the height increase been scheduled or has it already happened?
It's a zoning by-law amendment that will go to Council for approval. But no, has not happened yet. It has taken a while though considering the Preliminary Report went to Community Council almost a year ago (February 24, 2021).

20220216_115326.jpg

Sorry, I rarely ask construction questions like this: what is the course forward for construction at this point. There was that recent big pour but it looks like new forms and rebar are calling out for another pour in the near future. Are we looking at another few big pours or can concrete be poured daily on a regular basis going forward?

The rebar usually runs past the form so that you have somewhere to tie in the next sets of rods. Some of those rods might get bent down to tie into the floor, some of those rods might tie into the next run of columns and sheer wall above it.

The previous pours were all massive pours because there were no natural places to terminate the formwork to do it in chunks. I'm not sure if that changes because they're up to the hotel floors now? But the next thing up would be the floor slab anyway, which it looks like they're already preparing to do.

I'm going to make an educated guess that after the next stab we'll have one more large integrated wall pour due to the vertical steel columns surrounding the elevator shaft which I can't think of any other reason for their existence other than to tie the successive wall pours together. Maybe someone knows more about this...

I thought there might be a chance that the next set of walls could be segmented because there might be gaps in the wall (where the doorways are) between the exterior supercolumns and the interior wall surrounding the elevator core. But I don't know that. If those walls aren't broken up by the doorways and do in fact run all the way through then yes, I'm guessing there'd be another massive pour for those walls. You'll probably be able to tell by the end of next week.

Back