Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I deal with trolls.

On the contrary, you’ve shown me the value of the ignore user button.

It's fine to hold your opinion, but you wield it in a way that you end up trashing the members, which rubs our Rules of Conduct the wrong way. Therefore, as they say, you've shown me (again) the value of the ban button. How long would you like this time?

Sorry Citizen, I deal with supervillains, not slavering trolls.
Hey, Batman... excellent response. There are common nuisances and then there are fiendish arch-criminals - you of all people would confidently know the difference, I trust. Please keep up the good work! I salute you, Caped Crusader!

I think the Globe article amounts to a warning shot, a sign that some serious negotiating still needs to happen.... Mizrahi and Apple will likely come to an understanding, methinks. The location is perfect for Apple.

When the biggest and most powerful company and brand in the world finally puts the nail in this dreary coffin of a project which of you ignorant fanboys is going to be the first to apologize to me?
Not sure why this guy is getting so much hate.

You guys do know the thought of Apple even leaving dooms this project right? You think investors are going to sit around and wait for Apple's decision? Mizrahi has a lot of people to answer to including unpaid loans from 10 years ago. PwC is ACTIVELY looking into his debts. What's going to happen when the bank that lent Mizrahi over $500m finds out he's under scrutiny from PwC?

The fact that Apple is even CONSIDERING to leave says it all.

Let's wait and see how much "crooked debt" is financing this specific project.

People think Apple has time to "bluff" just to get a lower rent is beyond hilarious to me.

You guys do know the thought of Apple even leaving dooms this project right? You think investors are going to sit around and wait for Apple's decision? Mizrahi has a lot of people to answer to including unpaid loans from 10 years ago. PwC is ACTIVELY looking into his debts. What's going to happen when the bank that lent Mizrahi over $500m finds out he's under scrutiny from PwC?

People think Apple has time to "bluff" just to get a lower rent is beyond hilarious to me.
Yeah, and you've missed the hundreds of "new member" posters who've come into this thread just to start claiming doom starting before the ground was even broken. And yet, at every stage, it progresses on.

Maybe Mizrahi also has a magic horseshoe hidden up his posterior that protects him from everything. Have you ever considered that?

I mean, it's completely ridiculous, but unless loans get pulled and Apple says "we're pulling out", that horseshoe has as much weight on the conversation as inconclusive speculation.

I deal with trolls.

It's fine to hold your opinion, but you wield it in a way that you end up trashing the members, which rubs our Rules of Conduct the wrong way. Therefore, as they say, you've shown me (again) the value of the ban button. How long would you like this time?

Maybe until this building is completed :)

having an opinion is fine and a difference of opinion is fine, but it should be done in a diplomatic respectful manner. He didn't either and was rightfully banned for trolling.

Yeah, and you've missed the hundreds of "new member" posters who've come into this thread just to start claiming doom starting before the ground was even broken. And yet, at every stage, it progresses on.

Maybe Mizrahi also has a magic horseshoe hidden up his posterior that protects him from everything. Have you ever considered that?

I mean, it's completely ridiculous, but unless loans get pulled and Apple says "we're pulling out", that horseshoe has as much weight on the conversation as inconclusive speculation.
Sorry I wasn't generalizing. That guy was making valid points and I was just pointing that out.

I have a unit in this building and have paid $2.5m for it. So I'm hoping this gets built and Apple is the tenant more than most on this thread.

I'm just pointing out facts and history of the people involved in this project.

Last edited:
483C60D4-1FFC-4E3E-8B6C-4A74C5571887.jpeg
20041851-93BD-493C-8762-633917A82D14.jpeg
23F5CC11-8082-4558-9CF9-344CBD89C752.jpeg
A8461AA6-9DEE-4D0F-A065-462A8DA073E9.jpeg
99EEC90B-3150-4897-A475-6D1051208FE5.jpeg
08CA505C-B524-4160-9FE4-68414BD0D6FF.jpeg

Sorry I wasn't generalizing. That guy was making valid points and I was just pointing that out.

I have a unit in this building and have paid $2.5m for it. So I'm hoping this gets built and Apple is the tenant more than most on this thread.

I'm just pointing out facts and history of the people involved in this project.
It's gonna get built. The question is whether the currently contemplated tenant and purchasers (including you, sorry) will be the ones who actually take possession when all is said and done. My bet is your purchase agreement will be cancelled when Mizrahi bails out of the project and a new developer comes in. Hope I'm wrong because that would be frustrating for a lot of people, but I just don't see how this project finishes without a major capital reset including revenue.

Back