Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

We will probably see something around 270m

I would expect something taller than that. A typical 80-story residential tower in Toronto would be about that height, but this is being presented as a high-end luxury tower -- and at anything close to $1 billion in total cost to build it had better be! Genuine luxury towers in the rest of the world have much higher floor heights than is seen so far here. I suppose that the closest to a luxury floor height in a large Toronto tower would be the new Four Seasons, at 204m and 53 floors. That's a total height divided by number of floors of 3.85m per floor -- rather low compared to equivalent buildings in other cities, where 4m or more per floor is standard, but still somewhat acceptable to the international high-end luxury buyer. If The One is like the Four Seasons in that respect, it would be about 308m in height.

Last edited:
I'm betting on Bloomingdales. Bloomingdales seems to be looking at space given its mention in several different spots over the last year... this is probably where they will be.

Maybe Holts will just throw on the towel on their project, and move here instead and be done with it.

Back